Chapter Seven. Midnight Baking and Sisterly Banter (part 2)

I expertly whipped the cupcake batter, ensuring its smooth texture, and poured it into the silicone mold for that perfect shape.I place the tray in pre heated oven for 25 minutes , waiting for oven bell we begin our chitchat because we always lived as best friends sharing accessories, books , clothes , gossips and the most our pains which we can share without any fear of judgement.

As the phone rings, a text message from Ahad lights up the screen:

'Hey sweetheart, hope you're feeling better. Open the refrigerator. Enjoy 😉.'

Miral grins, 'Ahad knows his precious little sister well.'"

" Now the girls night out is complete as we have some ice cream also." With smile on my face I said "So,now let's set the frosting in cupcake."

Despite damaging three cupcakes in the process, we eventually master the art of frosting. It's a testament to our teamwork - turning kitchen mishaps into sweet successes.
We prepare the tray.We proceed upstairs, and I pass the remote to Miral to select a movie. As the old days come alive, we relish in the comfort of watching movies, sharing gossips, and creating cherished memories.

Feeling a sense of normalcy returning, I suggest, 'Let's call Fariya.' Miral takes charge, 'Okay, I'll do it.' Fariya answers the call in two rings.

"Hey Miral, Is Inaya okay? Did she responded?"

I giggle "yes, I am fine now."

Miral added "when she is with me she is joyful. Don't you worry about it."

"Ahh.... Thank God, you are okay now I was so worried after the call of Mehwish aunty. Miral dear, I am not there that's why either she is my partner." Teasingly she said.

"Ohhh guys you two stop fighting like a child. You guys are not a child anymore." I said raising my eyebrow.

"Well where is the third wheel, miss great Minal. Thank God not with you guys otherwise will start about how great she is." Rolling eyes fairy said.

"Fariya she is my sister come-on" Miral says

"Ufff, how many times do I have to tell. Call me 'fairy'. That Fariya didn't suit my personality"

"Yeah yeah came to Pakistan then Ama ji will let you know about the importance of your name." Miral says teasing her .

"Than I am not coming."

"Okay stop well when are you coming. You know right we have a lot to prepare, after all it's first wedding in family after years" I said as Eman aunty (my khala's) daughter is getting marry and we are on roof tops to celebrate.

"I am to eager to come as soon as I can. Even there is a surprise for you, but will I disclose it? What do you guys say about it?"

"Is that even a question?" me and Miral both say together.

She giggled from other side of phone. "Right now I am getting ready for university and also I have a letter in my hand." She show off the letter on screen of the phone as we were doing video call.

"What letter is this?" I ask fairy while me and Miral both see each other in confusion.

Fariya laughs mischievously, "It's my leave application. I'm free for the entire month of December, and I've decided to surprise my favorite people with an early visit."

I and Miral both jump and yell in joy "Hurrah! You are coming.I just can't believe it."

"Then do it loves because the fairy of Canada is landing soon in Pakistan, and this little party of yours will not happen without me anymore." Highly her nose in fake anger.

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Miral said.

"Are you coming alone or along with uncle, aunty and Hazam?"

"Alone right now. They will come but I will be there soon." With a wink she say.

"Okay Fariya." Miral say to annoy her.

"It's fairy babe."

"Ohh I am just practicing to call you Fariya as here you will not be a fairy anymore." She giggled while saying.

"If this will happen I will book the very next flight."

"Haha, okay girls stop now fairy you have university you should go rather we also sleep as it's very late now."

"Yeah, meet you girls soon. Love you , bye." With a flying kisses we end up the call.

" It's going to be so much fun." Miral said in excitement.

"Yes."

"Now I will go to my room."

"Ohh come on like always you can sleep over."

"Aww, that's so sweet of you."

"You are such a drama."

"Only your's"

As the time was already 5 o'clock I pray (fajr namaz) first then back to sleep.
As the alarm rings at 10 o'clock, I wake up to the gentle sunlight streaming through the curtains. A new day unfolds, and I proceed with my morning routine-refreshing and ready to embrace the present.
As went downstairs to do breakfast with other family members. Joining the family for breakfast, the atmosphere is surprisingly normal, as if the events of last night were a distant memory. Unity prevails, and Ama ji's influence is evident in the shared smiles and mutual respect.
As I was a little still angry on mom she slapped me even she know I was right well I know that also she don't have option.

I greet while taking a seat "Salam , how are everyone."

Everyone pass a smile and nodded to be in good.

Than when everyone is on table we begin with breakfast my father asked me and Miral " Girls are you both coming to office today or going to do work from home." With a smile on his face.

"Zafar uncle, I will be office after college, because I have to go college today it's urgent."

"Not a issue sweetie, infact Ahad you will pick Miral from college and then directly come to office. Okay?"

"Okay dad."

"And what about you princess?"

(As I forget to tell about i and Miral both works in our family business.)

"I will go along with you."

"That's great."

As Dad initiates business discussions, Ama ji clears her throat-a gentle reminder that family time holds a special place. Even Baba's mumbled 'sorry' adds a touch of warmth, reflecting the respect they share. I turned my face to Mom side.As I glance at Mom, her eyes betray a night of regretful tears. A sudden realization hits me, and I smile to reassure her, silently regretting that I ignored her earlier.