Chapter Nine. Work, Family, and Unexpected Surprises

Inaya prov

Afterward, I accompanied baba to the office. After a brief discussion with baba during the ride to the office, I immersed myself in the responsibilities of being the head director of Mir Textile. I hold the final approval authority before submissions reach baba. While Ahad oversees the marketing department, I actively collaborate with him on advertising strategies.

As we arrived at the impressive structure of Mir Textile, I marveled at its black exterior and luxurious yet tasteful interior design.

As after arriving baba went to meeting room to attend his meeting while I went to my cabin. I begin to check E-mail's from clients.

My phone rang, and I balanced it between my right ear and shoulder while continuing to work. It was Duara Ani (my aunt).
"Hey, How are you?"

"I'm good. You're not at home?" Duara Ani ask.

"I am fine too!" I replied. I could almost picture her rolling her eyes, which made me giggle.

"Are you done with your childish? Now if you can reply for my above question it would be a pleasure."

I just love teasing her after that I replied her "I'm in office today. Why so you asking it everything alright?"

"Yeah, just that we are at your place. For selection of dates for wedding and functions."

I joyfully took phone in my hand and stop working " That is amazing."
You might wonder why the selection of event dates is taking place at my home. So, I mentioned before that my dado (my Dad's mother) and nani (my mother's mom) were besties after my Nani's death dado fullfil her place for my both aunties even Duara Ani's wedding also done by dado.

"You all will be staying for dinner right? So that I can meet you all. You know na how much I missed you all."

"Yeah yeah , don't worry we are staying as there are lots of work to pending for wedding."

"Okay then bye. I just finish my work as soon as possible so, that I can enjoy some time with my little Zarnab." ( daughter of Duara Aunt)

"Sure, even she is also missing you. Bye."

A knock on the door, I said "Come in." When three new interns entered my cabin, I welcomed them with a smile, though I was preoccupied with other tasks. They looks of my age but nervous as hell.

I greeted them as they entered. "Yes, how can I help you all?"

One of them speak " We are new interns."

Now you have to deal with them too. My conscience warned me.

"Okay, please have a sit." I said them while placing my hand towards seats in front of my desk. " Now gives me a little intro about yourselves please."

I struggled to recall their names amidst my other tasks. There names were Ali , Sana , Jaweria. Ali looks passionate about learning while Jaweria is a shy one and last Sana why so but I don't like her very much she is just so over confident.

"Ali I think you should visit IT department today it's on second floor. There you will find Sir Faraz who will help you out."
"Jaweria you will go to third floor were a shoot is going on you will help there."
"Sana you will enter data from files to computer."
"Am I clear to everyone?"

Ali and Jaweria nodded there heads while Sana was just stared me. I raised my eyebrow in asking is she wants to say something then finally she said " Inaya I think helping in shoot will be good for me." That left me shocked like how can she call me by my first name I mean I don't like to be called by my surname but her calling me that instantly boost my dislike for her.