Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Hunter-

My music was blaring as I sat at my desk with my head buried in my hands. Pictures from today were spread all over in front of me, but I wasn't seeing any of them. All I could see was Cami—her hair, her lips, her skin, her sweet body wrapped around me as I kissed her over and over again in my car, ravishing her until she'd finally pulled away, putting some much needed-distance between us.

I'd driven her home in silence, as my thoughts overwhelmed me. We were explosive together—combustible—and I should've never crossed this line. I had no idea it would be like this. I'd never wanted a girl as much as I wanted her. I shuddered to think what might've happened in that darkroom if we hadn't been interrupted. I'd lost all restraint.

I slammed my fist down against the pictures. What the heck was happening? Where was my carefully maintained restraint? I'd been confident I could withstand anything thrown at me when we'd come here. Now I wasn't so sure. I wasn't in control at all. I was playing around with a chick I was hot for—one that could cause me a serious bundle of trouble. This was completely unacceptable.

My phone buzzed, and I saw it was a text from Cami. R we ok?

I stared at it—almost afraid to touch it—as if acknowledging her would make me combust all over again. I shouldn't reply. I should walk away now and look like the jerk Clay had told her I would be. She'd cry, I was sure, and it would burn her in a big way, but she'd get over it eventually. She could forget about me and move on with her life. She'd be safe.

But would I ever get over it?

I picked up a picture I'd zoomed in on and stared at it. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't walk away from her now. She'd gotten under my skin, and I wanted more . . . a lot more.

Chris was right when he said I'd be walking a tight rope. I hadn't realized at the time how tight it would be. I wasn't sure what was going on yet, but things were starting to unravel in my mind. I ran a hand over my mouth as I tried to figure out what to do.

Sighing, I picked up my phone to text her back. I was going to take the plunge and make an executive decision. From now on the role of boyfriend was going to be played by me. It was definitely crossing a line, and I hoped I wouldn't cook my own goose while I was at it. I wasn't lying to myself anymore. I wanted to be with her, so I was going to live my time with her to the fullest and be happy she was part of my life, even if it was for a short while. Man, I felt like a sick bastard.

Hey gorgeous, I replied, laying it on thick. Haven't been able 2 stop thinking of U. That was the absolute truth.

U were really quiet earlier. Thought U were having regrets.

More regrets than you could begin to imagine, I thought. Cami, this afternoon was like, wow, but kinda scary wow, if U know what I mean.

Yeah. I kinda attacked U.

Really? I chuckled. That wasn't how I remembered it at all. I liked it, I replied honestly.

U did?

U couldn't tell? I laughed out loud, even though she couldn't hear me. She was kidding, right? Didn't she realize how close we'd come to sealing the deal right there? Just thinking about it was getting me all worked up again.

Haha. Maybe.

I shook my head. I still didn't have a clue to the way girls thought.

Well, if U can't tell whether or not I liked what went down today then U and I have some serious problems. More like I would be having some serious problems.