Chapter Twenty-Seven

Hunter-

"Kiss me," Cami said.

"I can't," I replied, trying to hold back a grin.

"Why not?" She looked worried.

"Fraternizing isn't allowed at work." I chuckled as I walked away, heading for the supply room door ahead of her. "I can't get fired—I just started." I twisted the doorknob and entered the darkness, feeling the wall as I searched for the light switch.

I was attacked from behind as Cami barreled into me, launching herself onto my back.

"What are you doing?" I asked, unable to help the chuckle that escaped me. "Now is not the time for piggyback rides. Where's the blasted light switch?"

She slid off me. "It's right here," she said, grabbing my hand and guiding it to the right spot. I flicked the button but nothing happened.

"Hmmm. That's weird." She tried clicking it several times too with the same result. "Well, I guess we'll prop the door open with this popcorn bucket, and I'll try to show you some things using the light from the hall."

I slid the object she pointed to in front of it. She slipped her fingers in mine and proceeded down the aisle ahead of us, pointing out the general location of all kinds of items, from food to cleaning supplies. When we reached a darker corner behind one shelf, I pulled her into my arms and pressed my lips to her softly. "Sorry, I couldn't wait any longer. I thought you'd fight harder for one." I nudged her nose with mine and released her. "I'll let you get back to whatever you were showing me."

She launched herself at me again, kissing me hard, and I chuckled as I opened my mouth and she slipped her tongue inside. I liked her aggressiveness. I answered by pushing her against one of the shelves, and several boxes clattered to the floor. We both stopped to look.

"Oops," I said, not really caring we'd just made a mess.

She laughed and kissed me again.

My hands slid down to her hips, cupping her to me.

All of a sudden the lights came on, and we broke apart.

"We're back here!" Cami called out as she quickly bent to pick up the boxes that had fallen. "We couldn't get the light to work, and we knocked some stuff off in the dark!"

There was no reply, and I stepped around the corner to see who'd come in.

"There's no one here, Cami." I swallowed thickly and glanced at the fluorescent light fixtures. "Have they ever done this before?"

"Not to me they haven't." She paused, looking up, her eyes wide with hesitation.

I turned and helped her restack everything. When we were done, she grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"Let's get out of here," she pleaded.

I nodded and she practically dragged me out the door and down the hallway. I couldn't help turning back to see if there was anything there. There wasn't, but the light had turned off again.

"Has anyone ever told you how sexy you are when you're sweeping up popcorn?" I leaned against the dimly lit wall inside the theater watching her as she finished the last row.

She snorted. "It's just the mood lighting in here. It makes everything look that way."

I glanced toward the door to make sure no one was coming in for the next showing. "I highly doubt it, but I can say it's putting me in the mood for something."