Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Cami-

"Is it him again?" Hunter asked, leaning to look at my phone resting on the arm of my couch.

"Yes," I replied with a sigh, as I saw Clay's name on the screen.

"Hand it here." He made a motion for me to give it to him, but I hesitated.

"I don't think that's such a good idea. He'd freak out if you answered. Plus, I don't know what you'll say."

"He's stalking you, Cami. Can't you see that?"

"No. He's just jealous of you. Cut him a break, Hunter. He's been a huge part of my life since we were five. He's not used to me ditching him for another guy. He'll catch on eventually."

"So you're just going to let him hound you until that happens?" Hunter's mouth set in a firm line. "This has been going on for, like, two weeks now."

"For the time being. Please don't be angry with me. I want to handle this in my way."

His eyes softened. "I'm not angry with you. I'm just not too thrilled with him."

"I know. Me neither. It'll get better, though. I promise. Clay's had his obsessive moments with me in the past, but he always gets over it."

"Obsessive how?" Hunter's scowl deepened, and I laughed, desperate to diffuse the situation.

"I love that you're so overprotective of me." I brushed my hand over his forehead where it was laying in my lap.

"Well, you are my girlfriend. It would look kind of bad if I didn't care, don't you think?"

"I'm your girlfriend?" I couldn't help the smile that crept over my face.

He chuckled. "I figured that was kind of a given since we can't seem to keep our hands or mouths off each other. Were you not on this couch with me for the last hour, or for the last couple of weeks for that matter?"

"Yeah, I was, but we've never really declared anything official was going on. I thought maybe I was just your new make out buddy. You made it pretty clear you're not into the whole girlfriend thing in the past."

He shook his head and closed his eyes as he lifted his hand, running it into my hair absently. "You're my girlfriend, Cami, unless you don't want it that way." He opened his eyes, looking at me.

I swallowed. "I want it that way."

"Good, because I think we've established I'm never going to get my fill of you." He lifted up, capturing my mouth, and shifted to make room for me to lie next to him on the sofa.

I melted easily into him once again—our homework still lying on the floor forgotten, and neither of us seemed inclined to start it again. Too bad we didn't have a class on physical anatomy together, then maybe we could've passed this off as studying.

My head rested on his shoulder, and I tipped it toward his, allowing him to rain little kisses over my face. He paused, his amazing eyes heavily lidded with desire written plainly in them. Even the way he stared at me made me feel beautiful.

He ran his hand down from my shoulder to lock fingers with mine. "When will your parents be home from work?"

I shrugged. "Probably in thirty minutes or so. Why?"

"No reason. Just wondering when I needed to be ready for your dad to barge in here with a shotgun."

"Why would he need a gun? Unless you're planning on doing something super evil and depraved to me," I teased. I loved being wrapped up with him like this.