How you meet

Y/n (Your Name)

You had just opend your bakery and was just putting out your wooden sandwich board when you spotted that one of the ropes holding up the swing sign had broken, sighing you made your way back inside and went to one of the backrooms to grab a ladder and rope.

You carried them out and placed the ladder on the side of the pod and climbed up. You untied the broken rope and replaced it with the new one, your mind wondering as you worked.

"Hey Y/n"

Startled out of your thoughts, you flinched coursing the ladder to teata back and forth and coursing you to lose your balance.

"Look out!"

"Aaaaah!"

You screamed as you slipped and fell, you shut your eyes and braced yourself for impact, but instead of the hard ground, you felt someone catch you. Slowly, you opened your eyes to see that a light blue troll with magenta and white hair was holding you bridle style.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah, thank you,"

He smiled at you before placing you back down on your feet. You felt your cheeks heat up in embarrassment as Branch came running over.

"Are you ok Y/n"

"Yeah, I'm fine, Branch,"

"You should be more careful. You could have gotten hurt,"

"Yeah, you're right. Sorry, I'll be more careful next time, so what brings you by Branch?"

"I was just giving my brother a tour of the village and was hoping that we could grab one of your famous coffees."

"Oh, this is your brother,"

"Yep, Y/n, this is Floyd,"

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Floyd."

You offered your hand out for him to shake, and he smiled whilst shaking it.

"Nice to meet you too,"

"Sorry about the whole falling thing, I feel like I should thank you somehow,"

"Don't worry about it, you don't have to thank me."

"No, really, I insist, I know, coffee's and pastries are on the house,"

"Really, are you sure?"

"Yep, I'm sure,"

"All right, thank you Y/n"

"Yeah, thanks,"

"No problem."

Both Floyd and Branch followed you inside whilst you made your way around the counter to make their drinks, you chatted with Branch and you found out that Floyd was staying with him for three weeks before he set off on his solo tour, you smiled whilst giving them their free drinks and pastries, they thanked you and made their way out whilst telling them to stop by anytime.

As days went by Floyd came by the bakery every few days for a cup of coffee and a chat, you both got to know each other and found you both had a lot in common and very quickly became friends, you told him about your life and he told you all about how his brothers saved him from two villains called Velvet and Veneer.

You loved listening to his stories and would look forward to his visits, but unfortunately, it had to come to an end for three weeks had gone by in a flash, and he had to leave. You stood with Branch and Floyd at the cater-bus stop talking till the cater-bus pulled up, Branch wished his brother a safe travill whilst exchanging a hug before turning to you, smiling you healed out a small brown papper bag.

"Here Floyd, I made you something for the trip."

"Thanks Y/n"

He smiled whilst taking the bag, you wished him luck on his solo tour and you both gave each other a hug before he boarding the cater-bus, he waved to you throught the window as the cater-bus left and disappeared down the road. you were sad to see him go, but you knew he'll come back some day, but until then, you would have a cup of coffee ready and waiting for him when he does.