When you meet again

You were closing up shop after a busy day surving customers and were busy sweeping the floor. As you sweped, you hummed a tune whilst thinking about Floyd. It had been awhile since you last saw him and you could not help but miss him, you enjoyed his company and would expect him to walk throw the door only to remind yourself that he's on his solo tour.

The doorbell wrang, bringing you out of your thoughts, and you placed your brush down and whipped your hands on your apron.

"Oh, I'm sorry, but we're clo-"

You cut yourself off when you saw, to your surprise, Floyd standing near the door, giving you a sweet smile.

"Floyd!"

You ran over to him and gave him a hug. He chuckled and returned the hug.

"It's so good to see you. When did you get here?"

"I got here this afternoon, Branch picked me up at the cater-bus stop, and I thought I would stop by and say hi,"

"I'm glad you did,"

"So how have you been? Has the bakery been doing well?"

"I've been doing good, and the bakery has been busy as usual. What about you, how was your solo tour?"

"It was amazing, I have so much to tell you,"

"Well, why don't you go sit down and you can tell me all about it over a cup of coffee and pastrie?"

"Sounds great, thanks,"

You walked over to the door and flipped the sign to closed then made your way behind the counter to make your drinks whilst Floyd sat down at one of the tables. After pouring the coffee's into two cups and putting the pastries on plates, you carried them over and placed them on the table before sitting down on the opposite chair.

"So how long are you staying with Branch for"

"For five weeks"

"I bet he's thrilled to have you here again,"

"Yeah, he is, I plan to spend some time with him whilst I'm here,"

"That's good. Now tell me about your tour and don't skip any of the details."

So Floyd told you all about his solo tour and how he saw new towns and city's, and all the music he had written and sung, you almost fell out of your chair from laughter when he told you the funny parts of his tour. Soon, both the coffee's and pastries were long gone, and it was time for Floyd to go.

"Thanks for the coffee and pastrie Y/n, they were great as always,"

"You're welcome, I'm glad you liked them,"

As you piled up the cups and plates, you noticed Floyd was looking shy and rubbing the back of his neck, with a faint blush on his cheeks.

"What's up, Floyd? Is there something wrong?"

"Oh, no, no, nothing wrong, I just wanted to ask, are you doing anything tomorrow?"

"Um, no, tomorrow is my day off. Why?"

"I was wondering if you would like to hang out with me tomorrow, I would really like to spend more time with you. We could even go get ice cream."

"Yeah, I would like that,"

"R-really, great, then I'll meet you at the ice cream shop at one."

"Hehe, ok, I'll see you tomorrow,"

"See you tomorrow, night."

"Night, Floyd, say hi to Branch for me,"

"I will,"

Waving him goodbye he left with a smile on his face, you locked the door and carried the dishes to the kitchen and placed them in the sink to be washed later, smiling as excitement build in your chest as you thought about tomorrow.

The next day, you excitedly got out of bed to take a shower and get dressed. When you were dressed, you went downstairs into the kitchen to make some breakfast. After breakfast, you decided to do a few chorus around your house before meeting up with Floyd.

When you were finished you glanced up at your clock to see that it was time to leave, grabbing your pures, bag and key's you locked the front door and made your way throw the village to the ice cream shop.

You soon arrived and saw Floyd standing outside the shop eagerly waiting for you, he spotted you and smiled as you walked over and greeted him, Floyd opend the door for you like a gentleman which made you smile and thanked him as you both walk in.

Finding a table near a window you both sat down and ordered your ice cream, whilst eating your ice cream you both talked about your favourite music and interests, Floyd told you more about his three older brothers and how him and Branch were planing to go meet them all at Vacay Island.

You were surprised to find out that they were actually the boy band Brozone, and you made a mental note to listen to some of their music when you got the chance. You told Floyd more about your self and your family, telling him funny story's about your mother and grandmother and how they raised you after your father left, and how they supported you in your dream of opening your bakery.

When you finishing your ice creams you both paid and left the shop, for the rest of the day you showed Floyd all your favourite shops and places, in one of the shops you saw a photo booth and you both took pictures with each other, you both laughed at the funny faces that you pulled in the pictures, but your favourite one was of you and Floyd laughing and smiling with each other.

Hours went by, and the day quickly came to an end, Floyd offered to walk you home, which you accepted, not wanting to say goodbye just yet. As you walked, you both told each other funny stories and jokes, making each other laugh till you arrived at your house.

"Thanks for today, Floyd. I had a great time,"

"Me too, I had so much fun, we should do this again sometime,"

"Yeah definitely, and maybe next time we could bring Branch along."

"I'll ask him next time, hey um, Y/n, I was wondering could I get your number"

"Y-yeah, sure."

You felt your self blush as you both swaped phones and added in each other's numbers, when you were done you returned each other's phone's and smiled at each other.

"Well, I guess this is good night. Thanks again for today, Floyd,"

"You're welcome, I'll text you later,"

"Ok, night."

"Night"

After saying good night you unlocked your door and went inside, when you closed the door and locked it you headed up stairs and collapsed on to your bed holding your phone close to your chest, the blush still evident on your cheeks.