Part 6 Friend

3rd POV

Y/N walks through the field, admiring the vibrant colors of the wildflowers. With each step, the sweet scent of the flowers fills the air. As they gather a bouquet of their favorite blooms, a gentle breeze rustles the grass, blowing their fur, creating a peaceful and serene moment amid nature. As Y/N continues to enjoy the beauty of the field, little do they know that a pair of glowing eyes is watching them from a nearby bush. However, Y/N remains blissfully unaware and continues to gather their favorite flowers, enjoying the peace and tranquility of the moment.

While Y/N was quietly picking flowers The figure began sneaking up on them, The figure's footsteps were barely audible, masked by the hushed whispers of the wind.

"CRUNCH" 

Y/N's fox ears perk up as they hear a sound behind them. They turn around to see nothing but the rustling of the grass in the wind. Y/N shrugs it off, thinking it was just an animal passing by, and continues to enjoy their time in the field. 

In the blink of an eye, Y/N's peaceful day takes an unexpected turn as a young wildcat launches itself at them. Making Y/N stumble to his feet a few meters away. He stares at the wild cat taking in its appearance. Towering over Y/N by just a few inches, it stares at Y/N with its yellow eyes. It had reddish-brown fur, and it also had stripes on its body like Carol but they were yellow instead of black. Their ears were black with the insides being pink. Its tail looked a lot like Carol's but it's fur was also reddish brown and the end was yellow. They were wearing green cargo pants and a blue hoodie. On their feet, they had black tennis shoes with blue soles and yellow laces.

Y/N freezes as they stare at the wildcat, heart pounding in their chest. They try to back away slowly, but the wildcat continues to approach them.  Y/N's mind races as they try to think of a way to escape. Taking a deep breath Y/N turns and runs in the opposite direction. They sprint through the field their heart racing when suddenly they hear a male voice.

The wildcat: "Wait!!!!"

Y/N stops in their tracks as they hear the wildcat's voice. They turn around to see the wildcat standing still, looking at them with a guilty expression on its face. Y/N's heart is still racing, but they feel a sense of relief that the wildcat didn't attack them. They cautiously approach the wildcat, still keeping a safe distance. The wildcat speaks to Y/N with a tone of guilt in its voice, explaining that it didn't mean to scare them and that it was just confused about what they were. Y/N listens to the wildcat's explanation and understands its perspective. They slowly start to calm down and feel less afraid. Y/N watches as the wildcat approaches them with its hands up in the air to show that it's not a threat. Slowly, Y/N starts to feel more at ease and takes a step forward. The wildcat speaks softly, explaining that it was just curious about Y/N and didn't mean to scare them. Y/N nods their head and listens carefully, realizing that the wildcat is not as dangerous as they initially thought. 

Nathen: "My name is Nathen what's yours?"

Nathen looks at Y/N, noticing their silence. He pauses for a moment, before realizing that they may not be able to speak. "Oh, I'm sorry," he says, feeling a little embarrassed. "I didn't mean to put you on the spot. It's okay if you can't speak, I understand." Nathen smiles warmly at Y/N, hoping to make them feel more comfortable. Y/N nods their head, appreciating Nathen's understanding. They gesture to their throat and shake their head to indicate their inability to speak, and Nathen nods in understanding. 

Y/N runs to a nearby tree where they set their backpack down, they begin digging in it trying to find their tape recorder. 

Nathen looks at Y/N with a confused look as the fox continues to dig in their backpack for half a minute, Y/N then pulls out their small handheld tape recorder and goes to a specific audio file. they find it and press play, and after a few seconds, a scratchy voice starts speaking.

Voice recording: "Y-Y/N" 

Nathen stares at Y/N and extends their hand out.

Nathen: Well it's nice to meet you Y/N!!

Y/N stares at Nathen's hand with confusion not sure what to do.

Nathen notices this and grabs their hand and puts it in their own.

Nathen: "It's a handshake it's a friendly gesture toward people"

Nathen begins to shake their hands as Y/N stands there confused but decides to trust them.

Suddenly a female voice calls out from the forest.

???: "Nathen!!!"

Nathen looks at the forest with wide eyes and then back at Y/N. "Shoot that's my mom hey will you be here tomorrow?"

Y/N nods their head.

"Alright meet me here tomorrow."

Y/N extends his thumb.

The wildcat runs into the forest leaving Y/N in the middle of the field.

Y/N then holds up their hand not sure what to do they've never felt these emotions before.

Y/N then starts walking back home after the encounter with the wildcat...

(A/N) My online friend wanted to be in the book so I added him I hope he he likes it.)