n i n e

n i n e

"ambition is believing in yourself even when no one else in the worlds does."

**

"Chloe, you have to co-operate here. Your audition is in two days." Dani groaned, I felt a surge of nerves through my stomach as the fact hit me. In two days I'd be performing live in front of millions of people. What if I got turned away? What if I completed flopped in the audition? Paranoia flooded my mind and I felt myself beginning to panic.

"See, you've made her nervous now," Ash remarked, her and Dani didn't exactly get on well, despite them persisting on taking me into town to 'prepare for my audition'.

Dani simply rolled her eyes at Ash's response, "She was nervous anyway," Dani retaliated quietly, probably hoping that I wouldn't hear, "Now can we please not fight, this is about her, not us."

"Fine," Ash grumbled. We had already been to several different shops but nothing suited, I wasn't sure whether it was down to nerves or if the shops just had a crap selection.

"We have one hour until our spa appointment so we better get cracking," Dani urged me, earning a glare from Ash, "I mean, let's look in Topshop, yeah?"

"Sure," I laughed, "To be honest, you two seem more nervous than me," The words came out sounding a lot more confident than I felt.

"Topshop it is," She rushed, clearly trying to break the awkward tension between herself and Ash.

As we walked into the shop, strong scents of perfume and the booming of music filled my senses, slightly throwing me off. Despite this I was quick to spot the monochrome section and hurried over there, dragging my friends behind me. I'm pretty sure I heard Dani mumbling something about me owning too many black clothes but I brushed off the remark and began looking.

"Do you really need anymore monochrome," Ash questioned as she flipped through the racks of clothing carelessly.

"No, I don't need any but since you two persist on me getting a whole new outfit then yeah, I will get more monochrome clothes," I rolled my eyes at them.

"Okay," Dani gave in, "You can pick out as many clothes from here as you want but you have to promise that you will at least try on some of the colourful clothes that's we pick out for you." She pleaded.

"Yeah, whatever," I replied before beginning to search through the bundles of outfits in front of me.

"We'll be right back, just going to find you some colourful things to spice up your life a bit," Ash winked at me as Dani grabbed her arm and pulled her away.

"Good luck," I called after them, not really sure which of them that I was aiming the comment at.

After ten minutes of rummaging I had managed to pick out five different outfits all of which consisted of no colour, go me! There was still no sign of Dani and Ash, and since I was satisfied with my picks I decided to try and find them. It wasn't too difficult to pick them out amongst the crowd of teenage girls as luckily Ash had decided to wear a neon yellow top.

As I approached them I noticed immediately that something seemed different, and as I got closer I noticed it.

They were laughing. Together. Dani and Ash. Laughing. Together.

"I thought you two hated each other," I joked when I reached them.

"Actually I think we've both realised that the other one is as half bad as we thought," Ash grinned at me, at the same time as Dani revealed a mountain of clothing that she had previously been holding behind her back.