s i x t e e n

s i x t e e n

"when i first met you, i honestly didn't know you were going to be this important to me."

**

"You both look amazing!" Rita clapped her hands. Today was the day of the concert and Rita had made it her job to ensure that both of us looked 'perfect'.

My outfit consisted of high-waisted black jeans with a slightly low-cut black crop top and ankle boots, whereas Dani was wearing a white vest top with denim shorts and a leather jacket.

"Time for hair and makeup," She squealed as she pulled up two chairs for each of us to sit on.

"Not too much makeup though," I groaned.

"It's not as if you need it," She rolled her eyes, "So just try and accentuate her features," Rita continued to give the makeup artists instructions before they began to get to work.

"How are you feeling?" Rita asked, taking a seat in between Dani and I.

"Good, I guess,"

"Are you nervous at all?"

"Not really. I mean, there isn't really a proper reason for me to be nervous, so-"

"Denial," She cooed.

Maybe.

"Rita,"

"Yes, Chloe."

"I could either waste tonight by being a nervous wreck or, I could go out there and have an amazing night." I spoke, "So, which would you choose."

"The latter." She rolled her eyes, "But, you better make sure to show him what's he's missing."

"He's not 'missing' anything," I mumbled.

"Well then he better stop being a pussy and fight for you."

"There isn't anything worth fighting for," My voice was practically silent as the words came out.

**

"We're here!" Dani squealed as our taxi pulled up outside the venue.

"Holy-"

"It's huge,"

"We are such concert newbies, I swear to god,"

"But we get to meet One Direction at our first concert, so it isn't that bad." She grinned.

"Come on then, or we'll be late." I said before hopping out of the car and quickly paying the taxi driver.

"You ready?" Dani smirked as she joined me at the door.

"Of course,"

"Let's go have the best night of our lives,"

"Well, maybe not the best night," I joked with her, "But close enough."

"You're so annoying,"

"I know," I grinned.

**

It had only taken us a half an hour to get through the queue and to the 'Meet and Greet' waiting area. So far dozens of girls had been through and come back ten minutes later, sobbing and shaking. Great.

Each lot went in, in groups of two so luckily Dani and I would go in together.

"We're up," Dani's voice pulled me out of my daze and we both stood up.

"I'm getting really nervous now," I whispered to her, ignoring my shaking hands and increasing heart beat.

"We'll only be in there for ten minutes, you've got this."