e i g h t e e n

e i g h t e e n

"maybe one day, i'll be what you need. but don't wait too long... because the day you want me, may be the day i've finally given up." 

**

"Damn, Chloe are you alright?" Dani questioned as soon as we had escaped the overflowing crowd of emotional girls.

"Yeah," I breathed, "Why I wouldn't I be?"

"Are you kidding me?" She squealed, "Some fucker tried to make a move on you and Harry being the perfect angel that he is threatened that asshole if he didn't leave you alone, never mind doing so in front of twenty thousand people!"

"And?" I mumbled, "Now twenty thousand people probably hate me."

"Why would they?" I ignored her, feeling my phone begin to vibrate in my pocket as I quickly grabbed it and pulled it out.

Call from Sam: Swipe to accept

I swiped my thumb across the screen and held my phone to me ear.

"Sam?"

"Hi Chloe," His came out in short breaths, "Promise me one thing,"

"What?" Confusion mixed with worry overcame me.

"Chloe, just promise me," He begged, "Please,"

"Sam-"

"Chloe! This is fucking important so just fucking promise me!"

"Oh my god, okay,"

The line went silent for a few seconds before Sam's voice spoke, "Don't let what people are saying get to your head." He choked on the words slightly as if holding back tears. Before I could respond I heard a dull ring as the the line went dead.

"Chloe, what's happening?"

"Give me a second," I muttered, flipping through my phone onto Twitter. Notifications popped out of everywhere and my heart beat quickened.

That was until I felt it drop into my stomach.

"Don't let what people are saying get to your head." He'd said, "Promise me,"

By now Dani had ripped my phone out of my hand and read everything on the screen for herself. Videos had already surfaced of the concert incident and the comments below made me feel nauseous.

'Fucking slut'

'Ew'

'wtf, she's so ugly'

'whore'

'why would Harry waste his time on her'

I didn't stop myself as the tears fell down my cheeks and Dani wrapped her arms around me.

"Chloe, please don't do this," She whispered, "That's all bullshit and you know it,"

Footsteps sounded on the squeaking floor as a figure hurried around the corner.

"Chloe!" Harrys voice boomed, "Chloe? Oh my god." I pulled back from Dani's arms, seeing him running down the corridor towards me, shortly followed by the other boys.

"Chloe, I'm so sorry," He whispered stepping closer to me, "Please ignore it, all of it."

"Harry," My body was shaking as I spoke, "We can't."

"Don't do this Chloe. People say shit like that because they're jealous, they don't mean any of it,"

"You're Harry Styles for gods sake, do you really believe that the media aren't going to make some crazy stories about how we are 'secretly married with five kids'?"