e l e v e n

e l e v e n

"i wasn't planning on falling in love but... here i am."

**

"You're bloody lucky that your audition is right now otherwise I would be giving you a whole lecture about you getting lost," Dani whispered into my ear, "And never mind you meeting Harry Styles,"

I was currently backstage awaiting to be called in and a swarm of cameras huddled in the corner preparing to capture every moment of it. All my past feelings of anxiety or nervousness had been washed away and all I was feeling was adrenaline and excitement, which was the complete opposite of what I was expecting. I still was shocked and overwhelmed by my encounter with Harry but somehow it had given me a sort of confidence boost.

One of the men, who I was assuming was one of the producers, stood by the doorframe and signalled for me to come towards him. It was time. I heard vague echoes of good luck from my friends and sister as I walked away from them in the direction of the stage, there was a minor ringing in my ears and my vision went blurry for a split second.

"Are you ready?" The man, who's name I had now discovered was Tony, asked me, "Chloe Rivers, is it?" He questioned as he looked up from the sheet in front of him.

"Yeah, that's me." I answered quietly.

I hurriedly diverted my attention back onto stage where a girl, who appeared to be around my age, looked shell-shocked and as if she was about to burst out crying. I couldn't hear perfectly what the judges were saying but I'm assuming that none of them had turned their chairs around for her, meaning that she didn't get through. Great.

Just one chair, I thought to myself. Just one, and I'd be through to the next round. Before now I hadn't really though about who the judges were but I was well a where that the judging panel consisted of four of the best producers and artists in the world.

"It's time," Tony told me, leading me forward slightly, "Good luck,"

My first few steps were hesitant and I almost lost my balance twice, I'll blame my heels for that. One more step and I'd be on the stage. I stopped for a second, inhaled and huge breathe and walked forward. Bright lights immediately dazzled me and there was a sudden uproar of clapping from the audience, despite my not being able to see them. After my eyes had adjusted slightly I looked down towards the judges chairs that we're currently faced away from me. The first belonged to will.i.am, the second belonged to Rita Ora, the third Simon Cowell and the fourth Ricky Wilson. The first three were huge idols of mine and Ricky, the fourth, I knew a lot less about.

Once I had arrived at the microphone, the claps started to die down until there was utter silence throughout the whole room. Adrenaline was coursing through me as I waited for the band to start playing the backing music and I stared straight ahead. A few more seconds passed and that's when the piano began playing, slowly followed by the guitar and soon into the whole band. I counted the beats in my head, making sure to breathe in and out and then, it was time.

"Remember those walls I built, well baby they're tumbling down." I sang. "They didn't even put up a fight, they didn't even make a sound." For a second all of my past worries were washed away and I was putting all of my emotions into my singing.

"I found a way to let you in, but I never really had a doubt. Standing in the light of your halo, I've got my angel now," Suddenly I heard a faint booming noise and looked down to see Ricky's chair turning, relief washed over me and I relaxed into the song. 

He wasn't my first choice, but I was through, I had done it. 

As I sung through the other lyrics, Rita's chair also turned to reveal her swaying with the rhythm of the song. I smiled at her as I sang the chorus and she lifted up her thumb towards me, returning the same smile that I had given her before.