5. Return Her

"I dont know about her." Rhaenyra told Viserys and Aemma for about the millionth time. "She's... well she's always following me around."

"She adores her big sister." Aemma agreed. Rhaenyra shrugged.

"NYRA!" Vaera declared running on little legs to catch up. "NYRA! Wait for me I got little legs!" Vaera shouted stumbling into Aemma. "Hi mama." 

"Hello my little love." Aemma cooed bending down to kiss Vaera.

"Hi Nyra, we play?" Vaera questioned, big violet eyes.

"Sure, but I'm in charge."

"Okay!" Vaera agreed eagerly chasing after Rhaenyra as she marched off. "What are we playing?" Rhaenyra tipped her head from side to side.

"Chicken." Rhaenyra decided.

"Chicken? I'm not hungry yet- well I would eat a cookie." Vaera countered.

"Lets go into the dragon pits." Rhaenyra corrected. Vaera took a step back.

"Calypso is a baby, shes not in the pits." Vaera corrected.

"I know but the bigger dragons are."

"Is uncle Daemon here?" Vaera questioned.

"I saw his dragon fly in." Rhaenyra agreed.

"So why do you want to play with chickens?" Vaera questioned.

"I want to see who can touch Caraxes first." Rhaenyra countered.

"Whats that have to do with chickens?" Vaera countered still confused.

"Don't chicken out." Rhaenyra suggested.

"Okay." Vaera ran off and Rhaenyra was amazed at her fearlessness.

"Where is the little love?" Daemon questioned.

"She ran off with her sister, Vaera follows Rhaenyra around like a puppy." Viserys remarked.

"And Rhaenyra runs away from her like a scared cat." Aemma added.

"Well then I shall go and find her." Daemon decided. "We all know I'm the favorite."

"Please," Viserys scoffed. "Vaera is my little girl."

"I'm uncle Daemon." He countered as if that said everything.

"Okay thats a big dragon." Rhaenyra remarked staring up at Caraxes. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to pet him. HI!" Vaera declared marching forward.

"You are going to die and mother and father are going to hate me." Rhaenyra realized. "Vaera no!"

"YOu choose the game." Vaera countered turning around as Caraxes got up, he loomed over her. "I thought you wanted to play with the dragons?"

Rhaenyra took another step back in horror.

"I changed my mind. Come here Vaera! I dont want you to die!" Rhaenyra shouted.

"Die?" Vaera countered glancing back as the sun faded away and darkness covered her. "Oh, hello Caraxes."

"Kelītīs." Daemon commanded halting Caraxes.

"Uncle Daemon!" Vaera declared running towards him, Rhaenyra could breathe again.

"Trying to fry your little sister?" Daemon tsked before scooping up Vaera.

"I missed you!" Vaera declared.

"We dont have to tell mother and father, right?" Rhaenyra questioned. 

"Oh silly girl." Daemon chuckled. "I'm going to enjoy telling them." Daemon corrected. 

"We were just playing, right Vaera?" 

"Yeah we were just playing but Nyra is always in charge." Vaera remarked. "It's okay though, she wouldnt led me astray." 

"Right." Daemon chuckled, giving Rhaenyra a pointed look. 

"You would have considered it too if you were me." Rhaenyra hissed out. 

"Did I win? I think I won." Vaera remarked. "Uncle Dae, Caly is so big, well not really but she did grow a bit, shes going to be little like me forever. Am I going to be little forever?"

"You are three my love." Daemon corrected. 

"And a half, the half is important." Vaera added. 

"You have plenty of time to grow." Daemon assured. 

"Ah you found them." Viserys remarked. 

"I found them in the pits." Daemon agreed. 

"THe pits!" Aemma shouted. "Heavens why? Where were the trainers?" 

"Nowhere to be found, just the girls." Daemon added. Daemon gave rhaenyra a pointed look and she moved towards her parents, her feet moved sluggishly. 

"I know previously I wanted to return Vaera," Rhaenyra admitted when Daemon told Viserys and Aemma where he found the girls. "but now after seeing her almost get eaten-" Viserys paled at the thought. "I couldnt imagine life without her. I will never play in the dragon pits ever again." She assured. 

"EATEN!" Viserys shouted. 

"But clearly she is fine!" Rhaenyra added "See look! She is fine!" 

"Grounded!" Aemma shouted. 

"Vaera-"

"Followed you into the dragons den." Aemma agreed. Rhaenyra grumbled out crossing her arms over her chest. 

"Thats not fair." Rhaenyra whined. 

"You wanted to fry your sister, I think they are going easy on you." Daemon countered. 

"Wait..." Vaera whispered looking to Nyra, confused. "You wanted to what? I thought we were playing!"

"We were and you won!" Rhaenyra agreed. "And somehow I always lose." 

"I will pick a game next time!" Vaera suggested. "Ohhh we can play- we can have a tea party with the stuffies!"