14. Mandatory Tea Party

Vaera had all her dragon toys set up in the garden for a tea party. Harwin smiled down at Vaera as she took a seat.

"Tea?" Vaera asked clinking around the cups. Harwin looked at the toy dragons sat on the chairs and on the table. "No, no," Vaera scolded her dragon toy. "You have no manors." She remarked picking him up. "We dont sit on the table like Rhaenyra does, she is a trouble maker, we are proper dragons." Vaera informed him putting him on her lap. "Hi Ser Harwin!" Vaera declared waving back at him. 

"Hey beautiful." Harwin answered. "You got everything ready for your tea party with your sister." he realized. 

"I do but you are welcome to join us, Nyra is always late." Vaera informed him. "But its okay, she comes eventually the cookies are usually gone though." She added. "But if she came on time I wouldnt eat all the cookies!" Harwin chuckled taking a seat across from her. 

"A cookie monster you are, Princess Vaera." Harwin decided. She giggled out. 

"My mother calls me the same thing." Vaera agreed. 

"Wow you brought every dragon ever out here?" Rhaenyra questioned. She sat down across from Vaera as Vaera poured her a cup of tea. Harwin chuckled at all the dragons. 

"No, I have many more dragons, these are just my outdoor dragons." Vaera corrected. She put her cup down. "I have too many dragons I think... no thats silly. I will give a different toy to the orphans." Vaera decided, talking more to herself than either Harwin or Rhaenyra. "Would you like to donate your old things to those that need it, Nyra?"

"I will think about it about I dont have as many toys as you do, Vee." Rhaenyra corrected. Vaera shrugged turning back to her tea and cookie crumbs. 

"Ser Harwin would be willing to get us more cookies?" Vaera requested. 

"Right away princess." Harwin agreed. 

"Cake Calypso? I know its not a cookie but you might like it." Vaera suggested, holding out her hand. Rhaenyra sucked in a deep breath as it looked like Calypso had eaten Vaera's hand. Her lips sucked at her hand and Vaera giggled as Calypso pulled her mouth away. Rhaenyra looked at her hand perfectly fine and the giggle on Vaera's face.

"Cake?" Vaera asked Rhaenyra getting her attention back on Vaera as Calypso rolled scratching her back on the ground. Calypso would be big enough to ride soon enough, thats what Vaera kept telling herself, because Calypso kept growing and Vaera didnt seem to grow at all. 

Vaera smiled over at Calypso as she wiggled next to them before looking to Rhaenrya. 

 Vaera tried to carry all her toys back inside but kept dropping them. Rhaenyra was no help whatsoever, she ran off saying she was meeting a friend. Vaera was her friend, who was this new friend? This mystery friend? This person trying to steal Rhaenyra from Vaera. Vaera already got limited time with her sister and now Rhaenyra had his new friend she had to meet up with. Unfathomable. 

"Darn it." Vaera grumbled. "Caly, can you get that?" Vaera asked and Harwin looked at Calypso slinking down the hall behind her nudging her fallen toys along.

"Princess, I think Calypso is..." Harwin chuckled as she looked up at him, a toy tucked under her chin fell to the ground.

"Caly can you-" Vaera began but Harwin picked it up.

"I got it." Harwin assured taking a few of the toys from her hands.

"Thanks, my arms hurt." Vaera informed him. "And you have such large arms." Harwin chuckled shifting the stuffed animals in his arms. 

"They are plushies." Harwin reminded her.

"They get heavy." Vaera countered. "I had to bring them all this way from the garden."

"You are strong Vaera. So strong." Harwin declared.

"I am." She agreed hugging her remaining dragon plush to her chest. "Hey!" Vaera smiled up at him. "You are Strong! Strong like you carry all the heavy stuff and Strong, thats your name!" Harwin laughed out as Vaera beamed back at him. 

"Thats right." Harwin agreed unable to contain his laughter. 

Rhaenyra had went to the pits first to offer Syrax some cake, she hissed at Rhaenyra, an angry flick of her tail as if to say how dare you offer me something like that human! Rhaenyra didnt understand Vaera and Calypso's relationship. 

Then Rhaenyra ran off to find her friend. The one she didnt have to share with Vaera. She shared their parents and the title of Princess but she didnt have to share this friend.

Vaera thought their mandatory weekly tea parties and training their dragons together made them best friends, until Rhaenyra made a new friend. Alicent Hightower. That bitch.