23. Competition

"DAEMON!" Aemma shouted. 

"What?" Daemon countered. 

"You abducted my daughter." 

"Oh, yes, it was a innocent fun." Daemon agreed. 

"We were worried sick about Vaera." Viserys declared. 

"I had so much fun!" Vaera declared. "Did you know that people can breathe fire? I didnt. But now i do!" Vaera declared, she held tight to Aemma before running to Viserys. "Daddy is was so much fun, and uncle Daemon got me a cookie- definitely not more than one cookie before veggies," Vaera added with a wink. Daemon mirrored her. "-a cookie the size of my face! bigger even!"

"Well thats a large cookie, you get a tummy ache?" Viserys questioned stroking her hair. 

"No. My tummy loves cookies." Vaera corrected honestly. She stared up at him, her lips puckered in confusion. Why would cookies ever hurt her? Veggies hurt her tummy. Cookies made her happy.  

"Vaera-"

"Oh and uncle Daemon said they are having an ice festival in- in- in- ummm winterfell!" Vaera declared, remembering the name victoriously. ''And they sculpt the ice, can we go?"

"No." Aemma corrected. Vaera didnt really get that word too often. She stared back Aemma, perplexed. 

"No?" Vaera countered confused. Rhaenyra laughed out. "I dont understand."

"Of course you wouldnt.' Rhaenyra agreed. 

"What do you mean by no?" Vaera pondered. Daemon leaned back against the wall. 

"I'm more talking to your uncle." Aemma assured. 

"Okay, that makes more sense... about what?" Vaera countered looking to Daemon. 

"Stealing you away for fun, your mother isnt any fun."  Daemon answered. "Wants to keep you hostage and fatten you up on everything except adventure."

"It's not her fault daddy keeps making her fat." Vaera countered. 

"What!" Daemon laughed out. Aemma put a hand on her stomach. Viserys had been trying but no luck recently, to which Aemma was gladdened. 

"You know..." Vaera extended her arms around her stomach. 

"Viserys, it is your fault your wife isnt fun, because you make her fat." Daemon laughed out, he doubled over, Vaera smiled touching his head before looking back up at her parents, that easy smile on her face was impossible to be mad at. 

"What's wrong daddy?" vaera questioned. 

"Next time you want to go on an adventure, ask us first." Viserys requested pulling her closer. 

"Okay... but I did tell mother when we were headed out." Vaera countered pointing back at Aemma. 

"As you were already on dragon back."  Aemma agreed. 

"Yeah." Vaera nodded. Rhaenyra waited for the punishment, Vaera flew off with Daemon and stayed in another realm for a whole night. Viserys and Aemma had been a wreck. 

"I think you are probably in desperate need of a bath." Aemma remarked reaching out for Vaera. "Say goodbye to your uncle." 

"I love you!" Vaera declared as she launched herself at Daemon, thin arms wrapped around his neck as she kissed his cheek. 

"I love you." Daemon answered. 

Viserys didnt think Daemon said those words to anyone, not even himself in a long while, but Viserys believed it when Daemon told Vaera he loved her. It was a sweet thing to see, Daemon taking care of Vaera. 

But he wasnt excited for when Vaera started getting Daemon mischievous side, his trouble maker attitude because Viserys could never say no to his vaera.

"Just one more... no one will know... no one will know... how would they know? They wouldnt know..." Vaera decided as she grabbed another cookie from the stack as they waited.

" Vaera decided as she grabbed another cookie from the stack as they waited

Vaera was not a patient person. When she was mad her fuse was quick to light. She was short, like her temper.

"So sorry I'm late." 

Vaera shoved the remainder of the cookie in her mouth, crumbs spilling from her lips. She mumbled a reply. 

"Thank you for joining us, please have a seat..." Viserys offered. 

"Oh cookies my favorite, dont mind if I do." Vaera watched in horror as the plump man took four cookies. Viserys saw the horror in little vaeras eyes. Those were her cookies.

"Faustas you remember my daughter Vaera?" Viserys questioned. "Vaera, Lord Faustas is an ambassador from Lys."

"I dont remember you, I'm sure I would have." Vaera corrected as he chewed loudly and open mouthed before them. 

"We didnt meet, I met your elder, she was a moody one," Faustas laughed out. 

"Well he's right there." Vaera agreed. She watched him take about cookie. She would have saved her cookies  but his hands were dirty and he kept rubbing his hands against his face and pants. Her precious cookies were tainted. 

"Faustas is here to help us with some new imports from the isles." Viserys remarked. "I thought you might want to help us." Viserys added. Vaera glanced back at Harwin and he chuckled. 

"I like cookies..." Vaera agreed. 

"Nothing better than a warm cookie." Faustas agreed. "But what I have is better."

"That's doubtful." Vaera answered honestly. Faustas laughed as he nodded to one of his men. 

"For your tasting pleasure, your grace." 

"Harwin, I can't open it." Vaera held out the fresh fruit. Harwin took a curved blade and sliced it open for her. "Thank you." She whispered giving it a sniff as Harwin handed the other half to Viserys. "It's no cookie." She corrected wiping the juice from her lips. "Harwin come sit." She pat the seat beside her. Harwin hesitated looking to Viserys. 

"Yes, join us, God knows Vaera only eats cookies." Viserys agreed. 

"You can have this, I dont like it." Vaera decided. 

"It's sour." Harwin agreed. Vaera poked his chin and he wiped the juice from his beard. 

"I'm sure you wlil be impressed with this one, princess." 

"It's spiky." Vaera remarked as Faustas held out the next fruit. "Does it hurt?"

"You eat it?"

"The spikes?" Vaera questioned horrified. Harwin carefully took it from her and broke it open. "It's pink." Vaera declared. "Daddy its pink!" 

"I see, I see." Viserys agreed. 

"Harwin do you see it!" Vaera shoved it at his face. "It's pink!" 

"I see it, Princess." Harwin agreed. "How does it taste?" She took a bite, debating. 

"No competition." Vaera answered. "Cookies are better."