7. Hide and Seek

Vaera didnt think she was getting into trouble. She was just exploring but Aemma and Viserys were concerned about her.

Vaera liked to wander off, she had her dragon chasing after her but she was an adventurous little girl.

Whenever she got into trouble she just looked up at the guards or her parents with the most innocent of faces. She trurly didnt think she was doing anything wrong and her parents had an impossible time saying no to their Vaera.

"You are lucky you are so cute." Aemma would say and scoop vaera up. "You are unlucky you are so little and I can still carry you everywhere with me still."

"Mama I was just playing!"

" I know I know." Aemma agreed. " you just always choose the most dangerous spots in the most recluse parts of the castle. The plan and I lose my little vaera."

" well, then I have a solution." she pointed to finger up with her mother. " we can play together!" She declared. " then you won't lose me."

" I like that idea very very much." Aemma agreed.

" I was playing, hide and seek with nyra you see, but she never came to find me I guess I'm a really good hider." Vaera remarked with a shrug. Aemmas lips pursed. Vaera loved her big sister more than anything, but rhaenyra didn't like her little sister. Didn't like someone always chasing after her didn't like someone thinking they were the whole damn universe.

Aemma had quite a few half siblings that she didn't really speak to much they were older than herself and seeing how her own two daughters treated each other and acted made her wish she made more of an effort when they were all around.

Vaera smiled up at aemma touching her hand.

"You okay mama?"

"Yes. Let's play. What game do you wanna play?"

" well, I never really get to choose. I always let rhaenyra choose. Well, she demands that she chooses. She said she's older she's in charge. So we play whatever she wants to play. So you're older you get to pick." Vaera reasoned.

" my love what do you want to play?" Aemma questioned.

"Umm are you sure? Because really nyra never lets me pick." Vaera countered.

" yes my love what do you want to do?"

" can we have a tea party?" Vaera questioned hopefully

" I would love to have a tea party with you my love" she agreed eagerly.

" with cookies?"

" when is without cookies ever an option?" Aemma countered. Vaera beamed up at her. She squealed with delight before grabbing her mother's hand and pulling her along.

" What are we waiting for? Let's go." Vaera declared.

The tea was served in the cookies were already have eaten by the time Aemma had taken her seat. The stuffed animals were lined up, but they're empty tea cups in front of them and calypso is currently gnawing on a cookie debating if it was worth it or not.

" it's good it's really good I promise you come up so I would not steer you wrong." Vaera assured. Calypso puffed out a hot breath and toasted the cookie before gobbling it down. Vaera giggled out, clapping her hands.

Vaera thought really the only reason why she was ever almost in trouble was because of her big sister. She was just doing what rhaenyra told her to do and her parents didn't quite like that. Maybe it was rhaenyras fault. She was the troublemaker. Vaera was the angel.

"More tea mommy?"

"Oh yes please." Aemma agreed holding out her cup.

"This is so much better than hide and seek. I could've been hiding there for hours." Vaera remarked. " well, I would've come out eventually for cookies I suppose."

"Vaera my love." Aemma chuckled as vaera shoved another cookie in her mouth. " you are my little cookie monster."

Vaera giggled, cookie crumbs on her lips, and she smiled, offering her mother the last cookie.