3. Wakey, Wakey

"Wakey, wakey!" Vaera babbled poking at her egg. "Come here!"

"Love it will hatch when its ready." Viserys corrected. Vaera didnt like that answer. She also didnt like when the cooks said the cookies were baking and not done yet. She hated that answer with a burning passion.

"Ready now!" Vaera corrected. "Wakey! Wakey!"

"Oh Vaera," viserys chuckled kissing her forehead. She smiled up at him. Viserys thought she had the prettiest violet eyes. He picked her up and she cradled herself into him.

"Wuve you!" Vaera whispered giving him a big kiss on the cheek.

"And I love you my girl." Viserys declared. But she quickly wiggled in his arms and he put her back on the ground. She crawled to her egg and poked at it again.

"Wakey wakey! Come out!" Vaera summoned.

"Oh Vaera-" viserys chuckled.

Vaera stopped poking at her dragon egg when Daemon came for a visit. 

"Should I call you king?" 

"Daemon welcome- is Grandsire-" 

"Deathbed." Daemon agreed. "I can take the crown if you are not ready for the... power." He added. Vaera waddled up to them, stumbling as she made it to Viserys. He picked her up, she waved back at Daemon. 

"Your coronation awaits, Viserys."  Daemon reached out for Vaera. "Hello lovely." Vaera smiled into him. "Oh, look at that little beautiful smile." He cooed, kissing her temple. 

"You ever want a child?" Visreys questioned as they moved to find Rhaenyra and Aemma, they had to get to the capital. 

"No." Daemon corrected. 

 When they got to the capital again Vaera clung to Daemon as Viserys got ready. 

"You are a snuggle bug." Daemon whispered kissing her cheek, she smiled up at him. "You got a crush on me?" He mused, she kissed him before laughing out. "Oh, I like you too, Vaera." 

"I never thought... I mean yes they choose me but... its time." Viserys remarked nervously. 

"It is time." Aemma agreed. 

"Maybe you can convince your father to get me out of this union with the Royces." Daemon added. Vaera tipped her head back and forth. "You dont think you can convince him? I think you could, you are very cute." Vaera nodded. "And humble, like me." Daemon agreed. 

Rhaenyra yawned out bored as they waited.  They stood in the throne room, the high septon and the commander before them and then their father was walking down the aisle, swords fell behind him and he flinched at the first one hesitantly but Vaera clapping out kept Viserys focused on the future. 

"

'May the Warrior give him courage. May the Smith lend strength to his sword and shield. May the Father defend him in his need." the Septon began. ''May the Crone lift her shining lamp and light his way to wisdom." The commander stepped forward the crown in hand

"The crown of the Jaehaerys, passed down through generations." the commander spoke as Viserys breathed deeply awaiting the crown be placed on his head. He would have been fine without a crown, he liked dragonstone but this, he was to be in charge of the realms. ''Let the Seven bear witness: Viserys Targaryen is the true heir to the Iron Throne." he announced putting the crown on Viserys head. He rose up and looked to his family. Daemon didnt look too happy but he offered a cocky smile that worried Viserys.  Vaera clapped out while Aemma and Rhaenyra gave their best curtsies. 

''All hail His Grace, Viserys, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm."

"Daddy! Daddy!" Vaera declared reaching for him. "Daddy a crown!" Vaera declared when Viserys grabbed her. It felt heavy on his head. 

"I do." Viserys agreed. "What do you think love?" 

"I like!" Vaera babbled. "I wear it?" Vaera questioned pointing at her own head. Viserys chuckled taking his crown off and putting it on her little head, her eyes went wide as it slipped past her head and hung like a necklace. She laughed and laughed while Daemon's eyes narrowed in on the crown, it would be his. As long as Viserys kept having girls, Daemon was his heir.