8. How to Train Your Dragon

"A dragon trainer?"

"For Calypso." Aemma agreed, her hands perched on her stomach. Vaera was excited to have a sibling.

"Oh... but she is so well behaved." Vaera corrected.

"She needs to be trained."

"If you say so. I trust you." Vaera agreed. She jumped up trying to kiss Aemma stomach. "Mommy knows best."

"Come on. The dragon maesters are in the pits waiting to meet Calypso." Aemma urdged.

Rhaenyra was training Syrax shouting commands that vaera had not gotten the hang of yet. Little Calypso slept in bed with vaera and rode on her shoulder as they walked. Vaera stared back at rhaenyra in awe. Her big sister was so cool.

"DRACARYS Syrax!" Rhaenyra shouted and fire shot out. Vaera jumped up and down clapping from her mothers side.

"Wonderfully done princess Rhaenyra." The maesters commended.

"Hello mother, Vee," rhaenyra strut by. Aemma chuckled sparing the every moody rhaenyra a glance. She loved her girls but rhaenyra always had to be the center of attention.

"Go on Vaera say hello to the maesters. They will be helping you." Aemma suggested. Vaera leaned back into aemma shaking her head. Viserys came walking up and vaera ran back around to him.

"I saw rhaenyra marching off. Done already? I wanted to see her training." Viserys remarked. "Oh Vaera you going to train Calypso?" Vaera scooped her up. Calypso dug her little nails in as vaera shifted so as not to fall off.

Aemma and Viserys had shown her the dragon trainers and they were all men, Vaera didnt like that. She shook her head waving her hand sending them away.

"Caly doesnt like men." Vaera reminded her father. "She captures them and keeps them hostage... what does hostage mean again?"

"Calypso and your calypso are different my love. Would you give it a try?" Viserys questioned. Vaera wasnt being stubborn she had standards.

"No."

"I guess we can wait for a while. Calypso is still young." Viserys offered.

"You are such a push over for her." Aemma corrected.

"Yes i am." Viserys agreed kissing vaeras cheek she blushed and smiled into him.

Laela was looking for dragons when she got to westeros. She knew it wasn't impossible just improbable to get one to claim one. Everyone that had claimed one in the past was of dragonblood but she read every book every lore and none of them said specifically that a non dragon blooded mortal couldnt tame and claim a dragon.

Laela wanted to try and claim a dragon. She wanted to learn the tongue so she did. She spent hours working on her high valyrian in volantis of all places so she would sound as good as the locals. Then she made it to the kings landing port and she made her way to the shores.

First she needed to see a dragon up close. Work with them before she would be confident enough to claim one.

"Sit! Good girl! Roll over! Good girl! I dont need a trainer you are perfect already." Vaera decided but she felt eyes on them. Calypso ran to vaeras side growling back at laela.

"Im sorry. I didnt mean to scare you." Laela offered. "Or your beautiful little friend."

"This is Calypso." Vaera answered

"Im Laela."

"Im Vaera, you want to meet my dragon? She is really nice."

"I would love to," laela knelt down before the little girl and dragon.

"Go on say hi." Vaera urged.

When Laela presented herself at the capital she never thought after moment of arriving she would meet the princess and her dragon. Never thought the king would question her in high valyrian never thought she would get the job of helping princess Vaera Targaryen train her dragon. But Vaera instantly befriended her. And as much as vaera was a picky butt about people if she loved you. She loved you for life.