27. Eat the Head First

Rhaenyras name days were boring. They were not Vaera days. But vaeras name days we're absolute perfection. Vaera days- usually every day seemed to be a vaera day- filled with hugs and kisses and lots and lots of cookies... so just like every other day.

But on names days a new inventive cookie had to be created every single year for Vaeras name day.

She loved dragon cookies, and for this day she thought they were too cute to eat.

" that's a cookie?" Vaera questioned unable to believe her eyes.

" yes princess."

"But... but it's so beautiful."  Vaera carefully picked up a dragon cookie. It was shaped like a little dragon. All black with little ears, scales, arms, and even wings had detailed green eyes. She wanted to eat it so badly, but she also just wanted to sit them all up on her shelf and stare at them forever 

" thank you. Glad you like them."

" I love them." and then they brought out the little white dragon cookies, freshly decorated.

" and then they brought out the little white dragon cookies, freshly decorated

"Oh my goodness even more dragon cookies!" she declared. " I need a moment to compose myself. This is too beautiful to eat, and I am having so many conflicting emotions right now." Vaera declared. She picked up a little black dragon and a little white dragon and stared down at them as she headed to the table. " how in the world am I supposed to eat you you're just too cute.." she told the cookies it was really quite the conundrum. " but you're not real dragons you're just cookies decorated to look like dragons so you really wouldn't care if I ate you." she decided. She went to take a bite, but their eyes stared up at her.

"Vaera what's wrong?"

"Harwin they're staring at me." she flipped one around to look at him, and he smiled down at the cookie.

" it's certainly cute. How does it taste?"

" that's the problem that is what!" she exclaimed " I can't possibly eat it it's just too beautiful and they're staring at me. They are looking into my soul. And I feel like my soul should mostly be made of cookies, so it's like they're looking into themselves." she put the cookie down and brought a hand to her heart.

" I know what you have to do." Harwin answered easily.

" oh, yes, please tell me what to do. I'm one moment away from bursting." Vaera agreed.

" eat the head. It's more humane that way."

" what?" she countered confused

" you don't like them staring at you because they're looking at you when you eat them if you eat their eyes first or their head or perhaps you close your eyes while you take a bite then you won't have to deal with the guilt." Harwin answered, and she thought about it for a long while. She held the cookie in her hand, turned it around, so it wasn't looking at her close her eyes and took a bite 

" you are so smart." she decided as she opened her eyes. " and these are delicious." Vaera declared. Harwin chuckled taking a bite, waggling his bushy eyebrows down at her. 

🍪