28. Herbs and Ologies

Sit Still Look Pretty / Tywin Lannister out now!
When Aemma got pregnant again everyone was thrilled but Vaera was the biggest helper.

She was so excited to be a big sister every time her mother got pregnant didn't end in a baby. So vaera wasn't going to get her hopes up but it looked like she was going to have a baby sister... or brother. Her father wanted a son, so she wanted a brother. In solidarity, of course. She was a daddy girl.

Aemma loved how sweet vaera was. Vaeras solution, however, was always more cookies. It was a darn good solution in her mind at least. Aemma knew that all the cookie consumption probably wasn't the most healthiest thing in the world, but she ate sweets, constantly throughout her pregnancy with vaera she was convinced that that was why vaera was so sweet.

When pregnant with rhaenyra it was their first baby, their first pregnancy, so she tried to do everything right fruits and vegetables and healthy grains. my body is a temp and I must only put in good because I am creating life. And then she felt bad when she got cravings because her cravings were constantly for something sweet

When she got pregnant. She left the craving take over. She ate what she wanted when she wanted and she was happier for it.

"Cookies for mama. And a cookie for me." Vaera sorted the cookies before them. She set up a tea party and placed biggest cookie on her mother's plate. After all she was eating for two. But that being said vaera put two cookies on her plate.

Vaera adjusted stuffed animals and their chairs and tapped them on the noses.

" use your manners!" She would instruct when a stuffed animal tipped over to its plate. When aemma started to get up vaera would we from her spot and run to help. She offered her mother her hand.

"Im fine my darling girl." Aemma assured.

"I know but we all need help sometimes. And personally-" she brought a hand to her chest as she looked up at her mother. "-I don't know what it's like to carry life inside me but I bet it's hard work."

"It certainly is. But its so worth it when I look at you." Aemma assured.

" are you going to the baby boy like daddy wants?" Vaera questioned

"That is the hope." Aemma agreed. " but we won't know until the baby comes."

"Right... do you think its going to be as adorable as me?" Vaera questioned. Aemma chuckled touching vaeras chin.

"You are the most adorable little cookie monster that ever was." Aemma corrected.

Vaera was frolicking through the gardens as one does when she came across larys. She jumped to a stop before him. Larys gaze shifted up from his book slowly. Vaera peered over his book as he put it down in his lap. She smiled widely back at him. Larys didnt have many friends. He was more of a loner and he was okay with that he liked his solitude but Vaera liked to be around people.

"Hi!" She exclaimed, it seemed like all her teeth showed her smile was so big.

"Hello princess." He answered

"Whatcha reading?"

"A study in rare herbology" . He showed the cover to her. "Do you like to read?"

"Not really." She admitted   "The words all bounce around." Vaera corrected. "Is it a good book?"

"It is enlightening. Informational." Larys countered. Vaera took a seat on the bench beside him. " was there something I could help you with? Princess?" his words were slow as if he was confused on why he was asking the question himself.

"Nope." Vaera answered. Then he realized . a smile curved his face and he closed his book

" princess... Are you supposed to be in your lessons right now?"

She looked at him, flabbergasted that he had guessed so quickly, but she had to pretend otherwise

" I haven't faintest idea what you mean," she answered

" not the faintest?" Larys mused. She shook her head. " how is your mother?" Vaera smiled at that.

" she's doing well. She's resting though. The maester said she needs her rest so after our tea party, I let her take a nice long nap. Nyra was supposed to be fathers cup bearer for the meeting," she added. " but she was off playing with alicent, so I stepped in. Mother was with the nurses when I popped in on her and she said go to your lessons and I-" she covered her mouth with her hands quickly her eyes stared wide back at him. " I didn't say that." she declared. Larys chuckled as Harwin came up

"There you are Vaera. I was looking everywhere for you!" Harwin declared. Vaera looked to Larys and brought a finger to her lips. He mimicked her with a smirk. Harwin glanced between them curiously. Vaera nodded. A silent deal of silence had been struck.

"I was with Larys. As you can see. We were talking about... Herbs and ologies."

"Ologies?" Harwin questioned glancing at Larys books.

"Very... umm-" her eyes darted back to larys before looking at harwin again. "Enlightening." Larys nodded silently.

"Alright." Harwin agreed, his face was filled with confusion but larys liked being on the inside. Vaera gave larys her best attempt at a wink before heading off.

"What was that about?" Harwin whispered keeping an eye on vaera.

"As the little princess said... Herbs and ologies, brother."