01

Some people have many misconceptions about assassins

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Some people have many misconceptions about assassins. It's definitely not what it's like in the movies or shows. Similar but not the same. They make the role of an assassin to be more of a perfect human being with the perfect body, and perfect hair, even the outfits crack me up sometimes. And trust we are all far from perfect. In the movies or shows everything is just for show or pure fiction. Would you ever think a plus-size black girl would be known to be the greatest assassin in America? No, and that is exactly why I'm the best. And it's exactly why I have to be the best. No one will ever notice me let alone suspect me.

"I got a clear shot ready when you are," Leo said over the earpiece. He's my younger brother. My other half Leo and I are unstoppable when we work together. I would honestly die for him and I know he wouldn't mind taking a bullet or two for me. Honestly, the best thing I have in my life.

"Wait for my call still. I'm still waiting for Butterfly to get in position." I whispered back through the intercom. Me and Nabi were very close but she did become distant when Tayler and Xavier died. Getting revenge was all she wanted and I was willing to do anything to get that for her which is why I'm letting her have all the fun. If she would hurry the fuck up. This is the first mission we've all been on together since Tayler and Xavier died. I've done solo jobs and so have they or it'll just be either me and Leo or me and Nabi. I'm overprotective to the point where it's hard for me when I know they're doing a job alone. I always find a way to be there with them. As their leader it's my responsibility.

Even though Dario Lambarti would be a great fish to catch, I saved the satisfaction for the person who desired it more. Nabi. Ever since we found out he was a part of the reason why our siblings died we haven't stopped hunting him down since then. We don't know why but all we know was that him and his right hand were the only two there besides Taylor and Xavier.

Don't get me wrong I want vengeance as much as she does they were my siblings also but I wasn't there that day they went out. And I regret that decision every single day of my life. That day it was supposed to be Me, Tayler & Leo. But Leo ended up in the hospital and I was the one to drive him there. Xavier knew the mission like the back of his hand so he stepped up and left with Tayler. It was simply killing just some guy named Victor Seidlem. Little did I know they weren't going to be coming back. I gave that order. I approved him to go. I got them killed. A part of me thinks that Nabi blames me for not going and Tayler dying instead of me. But we both know she won't verbally admit it.

"Butterfly imma need you to place them bombs a little faster time is running out," I told her. I saw Dario walking to his car from a shipping container. They were here to do a daily inventory inspection and we were here to kill them.

"You want to manually set each one?" Nabi said with attitude.

Time is running out there gonna drive away I need to make a diversion. I took out my handgun and shot the two front tires of his car. I hoped no one could see me from my position behind barrels of god knows what.

"Was that the signal?" Leo asked not wanting to shoot first and disobey my orders.

"No just a diversion they were about to leave stay in position shot in 5 if Butterfly doesn't make it. I'll try to buy some time." I said. I looked back out from behind the barrel and saw them chuckling. Do they think this is a joke or something? What kind of psycho laughs when he knows he's being targeted?

"Somethings wrong it's like they're not even fazed. Dream what do you see?" I asked Leo through the intercom. I shot the tire so I expected them to be surprised but it was like they knew something was already up.

"They're just standing there with their guns out seems like they're laug- SCORPIO ON YOUR RIGHT," Leo screamed in my ear making me flinch a little from the high-pitched sound. I shot the guy who tried to attack me on my right and quickly moved to another position in hopes that my new whereabouts weren't known. Something is definitely wrong. Did they spot us when they got here? Can't be, I made sure that we were here hours earlier away from any cameras or anything security breaches.

"I've been waiting for you guys to do something." The voice of Dario Lombardi ranged through the air.

"Zaria is it? Or do you prefer Scorpio? Or Scorpion I can never tell which one you go by." He called out again. How does he know my name?

"Come out I just want to have a conversation I don't intend on killing anybody. Hurting maybe that just depends on you." His footsteps ranged closer.

"Butterfly imma need you to stop and just activate." I gritted through the intercom.

"But we-"

"Just do it." I cut her protest off.

"Dream change of plans once you get a clear shot take of the right hand take it. I'll handle Dario." I gave the order.

"That won't be happening Leo here is stuck between the edge of the building and my gun. So seems like he doesn't have a clear shot to me. What do you think Leo?" I heard an unfamiliar and unexpected voice through the buds in my ear. Shit Leo. Hopefully, he can handle himself.

I quietly got up from my position to head towards Leo.

"Oh, I wouldn't do that if I were you." His voice behind me echoed. There was this ache in his voice that made the hair on the back of my neck rise. I wasn't scared. Turned on a little but not scared. I've been in way worse situations.

"As much as I like looking at you from behind turn around and drop the gun." I am praying that Nabi put a bullet in his head in the next second.

"I just want to talk. I promised someone that I wouldn't kill you even though I truly want to because I was your next target. But I'm a man of my word." The man in front of me was way bigger now that he wasn't further away. His voice is more chilling and more psychotic than I thought.

"Fuck your word." I spat back at him.

"What I don't take is disrespect. I was respectful to you was I no-" he was cut off by the sound of bombs blasting through many shipment containers setting off a chain reaction. I tried to leap towards the distracted individual forgetting about Nabi and her vengeance. My life was on the line.

The lights struck out and my body became stiff as a sharp object injected into me. I hated tranquilizers. So much for the best assassins huh?

 So much for the best assassins huh?

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.