05

"I heard they call her Ms

"I heard they call her Ms.Scorpion because she is like a mosquito she hurts you and you won't even feel the pain until after she's gone." Multiple whispers lingered in the meeting room. I rolled my eyes at all the tomfoolery I heard. I've been in this meeting room waiting for it to start for almost 15 minutes. This was for all the heads of multiple departments in this mafia. The only person who I recognize is Mateo who is in charge of the weapons.

"Being introduced to the mafia is a big deal I remember my introduction. All the ladies were on me that day. That was not encouragement to get with anybody in here." Xavier whispered standing on the wall next to me trying to lighten the mood between us.

"Your like 30 get a life." I rolled my eyes as he chuckled. I wasn't joking.

"I missed you." He nudged my shoulder trying to get a reaction. I haven't been ignoring him but I haven't been trying to start a conversation with him either.

The dimly lit room fell silent as the heavy oak door creaked open. The mood shifted when the big bad wolf entered the room with Kingston following not too far behind. His presence commands attention. Shadows danced across his sharp features, accentuating the scars that told tales of a ruthless past.

As the boss man's piercing gaze swept the room, the atmosphere transformed leaving an uneasy energy. Whispers hushed and glances exchanged among his little minions. His tailored suit exuded authority and the soft tap of his polished shoes echoed through the room. It's like he's moving in slow motion.

With a deliberate motion, he removed his black leather gloves revealing hands that bore the weight of countless decisions. The room seemed to respond to this subtle action as the temperature dropped perceptibly. A single spotlight above illuminated him casting an ominous glow. Everything was so perfect about him at that moment.

His gravelly voice broke the silence, "I'd like to introduce someone we're going to be working with for a while. She deserves the same respect you give me." The words hung in the air thick with consequence. His eyes fluttered towards mine for a second. As he spoke the walls seemed to close in. The room itself bends to the will of the mafia leader.

"Xavier floor is yours." He gestured for Xavier to stand in the center of the room. As he took a seat next to Kingston.

"As some of you already know my family has been here for a while. Thanks to the Lombardi family for welcoming us."

"This is my younger sister Zaria better known as Ms.Scorpion. She'll be joining us on the task today I hope you'll welcome her with open arms." Xavier added. Joining me back on the wall. I was confused at the fact that they revealed my identity. Angry at that. How can I trust those in this room? Let alone trust Xavier.

"If her identity gets out there will be consequences." Bossman said. The tension escalated with each uttered syllable and the air became charged with an unspoken understanding. Decisions made in this room would shape the future of criminal life in New Jersey. The mere presence of Dario Lombardi had the power to bend the will of those who dared to oppose him turning the room into a theater of calculated power plays.

As the meeting unfolded the room became a stage where ideals were solidified and the invisible threads of power wove through the air. By the time the wolf exited the room bore the weight of his influence forever altered by the presence of the mafia leader who could command not only the people but also the very essence of the space itself.

The mission was simply easy. There was a hit saying in a few days someone was going to rob one of his shipment containers. We were supposed to go to make sure nothing happened. Simple enough.

I exited the room without saying a word to Xavier.

"How come you were in there and I wasn't?" Boss man's sister said catching me off guard. Where did this bitch come from? Like I didn't even walk out of the room all the way.

" I was told to be here at this time," I told her fixing my attitude. Being respectful was all I could think about.

"There's something about you that I don't trust and believe me I will find it." The devil said as she started to close the distance between us.

"Please be my guest. I'm not too fond of you either." Be respectful my ass.

"Even though my father wasn't the brightest man he was still my father. How would I look if I didn't get revenge? That being said nothing would make me happier than taking your parents down and dealing with you after all of this." Ok? I'm assuming I'm supposed to be scared at this moment.

"Look I couldn't care less about who I killed nor why all I care about is taking my parents down and getting my siblings out of here so how about we stay outta each other's way," I said wanting the conversation to be done and over with already.

"Oh, so you don't know?" Those words are never good.

"Know what?" I asked amused about what was coming next.

"Me and Xavier have history. Deep, deep, deep history he's not leaving this honey." She said before walking off cringy-ass hell.

Out of all the girls here Xavier can hit he chose to hit that? I blame the parents.