04

It's been a week no matter how much anyone tries to get me to leave this basement I'm still adamant about staying here till I die

It's been a week no matter how much anyone tries to get me to leave this basement I'm still adamant about staying here till I die. Call me stubborn I don't care. Leo's been keeping me company here and there. Either that or he's trying to stop me from killing every person who comes in here and tries to feed me. I'll eat, I've been eating I just don't like being forced to do anything plus I hate eating in front of people. Nor do I like being touched by random strangers.

"Come on get up I wanna see what your like on the field." Just as I thought my peace and quiet wouldn't be bothered today. The big bad wolf walked in with Xavier tailing behind him.

"Why should I?" I asked unprovoked by their presence.

"Trust me Zari it'll be like old times." Xavier pitched in. Don't get me wrong I love him he's my brother but I haven't seen him in 2 years. I thought he was dead but turns out he's been trying to figure out how to take our parents down. Fine time to be a big brother.

"You know what? I am getting tired of being down here fresh air and a nice shower with HOT water wouldn't hurt. Maybe I'll get to hurt somebody on this so-called field day." I got up excitedly. They've been making me take showers down here in the basement with cold water.

"You're not killing nor hurting anyone this time," Bossman said.

"Well then I'm not needed I'm an assassin its in the job description." I sat back down. What was the point?

" I don't ask twice." I heard him say before he turned around and walked out the door. Xavier is not too far behind.

^*^*^

I heard the door to the basement open. Awakening me from my nap.

"I already said no to everyone who tried to come down here," I said not bothering to open my eyes.

"I didn't mean to wake you." This voice was unusual. It had an authentic strong Italian accent.

I opened my eyes and turned to the old figure with a gold cane in hand. He looks no older than 50. He actually looks fine for his age.

"Im Alonzo Lombardi nice to meet you." The older guy said with an authentic and thick Italian accent. He's a Lombardi. I see where the looks come from.

"Zaria." I blandly introduced myself.

"Oh, I know all about you. You're famous around here. You killed the man that turned Dario into the Don. My son." I hope he's not out for revenge too.

"Look sir I already told them I was doing-"

"I'm not mad or here to take out anger I'm simply here to admire. I know how your lifestyle works. Kill with no question asked." He cut me off. Admire?

"I'm a fan of your line of work. I'm also not here to force you to do anything but what they're saying is true. No one sent me down here to say this but Dario is really working to stop your parents whether you help him or not. They are in some bad business with some bad people. Deep down I know you want to stop them too. Do it for the family you have left. Family is more important than anything." Ok Vin Diesel.

^*^*^*

"Nope not doing it. I was told a mission, not a ball." I stood up. Only the big bad wolf, his right hand, his siblings, and my siblings were all sitting at a conference table going over the plans to stop our parents. Which is a 'mafia' convention. Listening to Alonzo earlier changed my mind a bit. My plan was to jump right into it and kill them but apparently the best way to take the organization down is to take those around them down first. Kinda like chess.

"I could've stayed in the basement for all this," I said. It's been a couple of hours since I left the room. A hot shower was what I needed. They had clothes in my size in the closet already which I highly appreciate. All black T-shirt with black leggings.

"No one is stopping you," Kingston said gesturing to the door.

"I don't like going to this shit either but the guy you're parents get their weapon inventory from will be there and apparently he's one of 3 people who know where their shipment yard is located so we need to get that information out of him. Plus it's great for me to show my face at these things every once in a while to keep connections. I would become a target if I don't go people will start to speculate about many things and simply I don't have time for that shit neither your shit so we are going. Together."

He continued "Plan A is to get the information out of him about where the shipment yard is located then attack it. If plan A doesn't work plan B is to kill. Further information will be discussed in a few days I have other places to be right now." Bossman said firmly before exiting the room. He was right our parents hid us from the world no one knew about our identities and we didn't know about anything that went on within the organization our job was just to execute and go. Which now looking back it does seem suspicious. We were taught not to ask questions do as told. I'm a head assassin and look at me being a brat when all evidence leads to my parents.

I've acknowledged that they are bad people but I haven't fully understood. Where were all the signs I mean there should've been something. Yes, my father wasn't always a good man he was overly strict. He would say things and do things when we didn't get something right or we didn't understand.

He was abusive.

My mom on the other hand was the sweetest person. She stuck to a strict schedule but she was still my mother. There was a time when I would even call her my best friend. She put a lot of pressure on Xavier because he was the oldest and they expected him to be the best in everything. But I was the strongest and smartest so I was always being held to a higher standard. She had this way of making you do whatever she wanted. It was this look she gave you. That's where I got it from my eyes can trap anyone. It was like her eyes could send you into this trance and you wouldn't know you were doing something until after you had done it. There were times she made me kill innocent staff around the house as a game.

She was manipulative.

How come I didn't see any of this sooner? Fuck I'm so stupid. How can you call me the best assassin when I can't even see through my own parents? I was blinded by the word love and family. I am scared to be alone. My siblings are all I have left. I didn't want what happened to my real parents to happen to my adoptive parents and that's what kept me under their trance for so long. Revenge is one virtue I strive for in life.

Seems like I have acquired a new virtue.