09

"I swear to god if she comes out with another dress I'm going to turn this place into a game of clue," I said sitting down tired from trying on multiple dresses in different colors, shapes, and sizes for the mafia convention

"I swear to god if she comes out with another dress I'm going to turn this place into a game of clue," I said sitting down tired from trying on multiple dresses in different colors, shapes, and sizes for the mafia convention. We've been in this fancy boutique for hours while everyone has tried on many things and found something to wear. I'm the last one simply because it's hard to find nice clothing in my size. The guys went for some classic tuxedos. Nabi and Bossman's sister instantly fangirled over multiple dresses that were placed on mannequins. They've become extremely close. Sometimes it feels like Nabi prefers Danila's company over mine. I tried to push that feeling aside but the thought of Nabi choosing her over me in the future is eating at me.

My mind brought me back to the thought that I'd been stuck trying on some dresses fit for 60-year-old women going to galas. I mean this shit looks old. Nothing gives modern at least if I'm being forced to go to this shit I should at least look good. Especially if I'm not paying for it. If it were me I'd just go for a pantsuit and call it a day. Obviously, I was outnumbered.

"She's a stylist just let her do her job," Kingston said. He's only saying that because he can't stop staring at her. Little does he know she's not relaying the gesture towards him.

"The bitch keeps poking me with pins. Instead of actually trying to help she's making googly eyes towards boss man." I was contemplating on whether or not I should take one of those safety pins and stick it straight into her eyeballs.

"Why are you mad at the fact that she sees something she likes?"Dario smirks teasing at the idea of me acknowledging him. Of course, if I see something I like this man is fine as hell. That doesn't mean she should see the same thing. And if I wanna be a little delusional and play the jealous type then that's on me. But I'm not gonna tell him that. Plus why would someone like him be interested in someone like me anyway?

"Come here" Dario sternly told one of the workers as he gestured for her to sit on his lap.

"You've been standing for a while. Does your feet not hurt?" His eyes never left mine as he tried to get a reaction out of me. I mean if that's the case he can just take her to this damn gala, convention, dance or whatever the fuck this shit is.

"Here try this one on" The stylist came out with another black dress and honestly this one was actually beautiful. I'm not a dressy kinda girl I basically throw on leggings and a hoodie and keep it pushing. Dario gave me one last look before I stepped foot in the dressing room. But I didn't give him the satisfaction of turning his way him and his toy can drown in their own pathetic inner sorrows. I don't understand his problem with me he's fine with everyone else for the most part but always have an attitude with me. I literally don't want to be here as much as they don't want me here.

I slipped into the sleek, black gown, feeling its fabric hug every curve. The satin traced my thick silhouette, accentuating elegance in every step. I'm not used to this feeling. The feeling of knowing you look absolutely beautiful. It feels good. The top of the dress had layers of diamonds that curved around my breast which seemed real. As you go down the dress there is a slit on the left side of the which shows off my leg. And the subtle train added a touch of sophistication. As I looked in the mirror, the gown whispered tales of timeless beauty, making me feel like a star in the sky. Curling my locs would be beautiful for this dress but also a challenge I don't have anything here for my hair.

As I exited the dressing room and stood in front of yet another mirror that faced the opposite direction of everyone else. I could feel the attention on me. The room glowed with unexpected silence. The reflection of everyone's eyes glued to me in the mirror honestly frightened me. Especially his eyes. Those eyes were shooting darts at me like he was hitting a target. No man had ever made me feel like this it was an unfamiliar feeling. Growing up we were all homeschooled so I never really experienced having a crush. Even saying it sounded cringe. But I don't know if that's what I'm feeling. Is he fine? Hell yes. Do I see us together? Hell no. Maybe? So technically I wouldn't label this a crush.

"Zari... this dress is beautiful," Leo said as he walked up to me. Fixing the trail on the dress that spreads across the floor behind me.

"I tried it I like it lets go." I didn't want to spend another second in this dress allowing myself to be vulnerable in front of everyone. Being a girly girl was not my scenery and honestly, it never will be.

"Damn, you honestly look hot as hell." Kingston's words ranged through my ears. It was weird hearing this come out of his mouth. Did I not look good before this?

"Kingston" Dario firmly called out to him like a father disciplining his child. Honestly, it sent a spine down my back.

"Bro come on that's my sister," Xavier said disappointedly. It felt nice for him to defend me like that.

Kingston apologetically went to sit back on the couch. I stared at Dario through the mirror and his expression was different this time. He stared at me with hunger. Like I was the bait on a fish hook.

"This is the one Zari." Leo smiled at me. I've never felt so pretty in anything before and I'm not even fully put together yet.

"Take it off let's go we got shit to do." Bossman got up to pay for everyone's outfits. I didn't even say yes to the dress.

 I didn't even say yes to the dress