08

Three days later:

Three days later:

I haven't been out of my room since the dinner. The more I can ignore and hide from everyone the better. I didn't even go on the mission with Xavier that was planned. I can't stand to be around anyone especially him.

Leo and Nabi tried to come and talk to me but I honestly didn't want to listen to anything anybody had to say. Maybe that's why they say I'm childish but I came this far and I'm still alive so that should count for something.

I heard the door to the gun range open. It's 4 am I've been coming in here to free my mind each day. No one was ever in here during this time so I am highly interested in who might this be.

"What are you doing in here this time of morning?" Mateo asked me with

"Gun looks a bit too small for you don't you think? You're a big boy can't you handle big boy toys?" I ignored his question with a question. From what I learned Mateo isn't really a fan of handguns. Especially rose gold ones.

"It was my mother's. It was the last thing she bought to kill my father. I like to come in here time from time to shoot it." Mateo said holding a M&P shield hand gun.

"She couldn't do it so I guess that's why she hired you." He made his way to sit next to me on the floor. Bossman must've told them the story.

"I don't want the company." I blurted I don't need a sentimental talk.

"I didn't ask" He replied.

"You're a stubborn piece of shit you know that." This is not the first time someone has called me stubborn and I know it wouldn't be the last.

"I gotta glock right on the side of me you sure you want to continue this conversation?" I threatened to be serious about it.

"You treat your siblings like they are your employees. Nabi's older than you and you won't even allow her to be your older sister. Xavier's older and you won't even let him protect you like an older brother should. Leo's younger and you treat him like a service animal because you know deep down you can't be alone. You probably even treated Tay-"

"Do not say her name. You don't know her and you don't know me." I picked up the gun and pointed it towards his head.

"I'm adopted and even my siblings don't treat me this bad which says a lot because Danila hates everyone that isn't her. Dario is bound to his job and still finds time to treat me as a brother should. Even if it means being mean we both know deep down it's brotherly love." Mateo continued facing forward not even fased by the gun I still had pointed towards him.

"I was always put in charge of everything. I was supposed to be the responsible one. The level-headed one. The person who was supposed to protect them no matter what. They were relying on me. And look how that turned out I got one of them killed. I got my sister killed. Yes, I know I'm a bit childish but I got my whole childhood taken away from me." I put the gun down as I broke down. I never let my guard down but I just needed to vent to someone that wasn't a part of my family. I needed to vent to someone who didn't have high expectations for me.

"A bit childish?" Mr. Funny Guy thought it would lighten the mood but honestly, it doesn't.

"You were doing your job. You couldn't have known." This way of comfort was what I needed.

"It should've been me. The hit was meant for me. Now look Taylor is dead, Nabi's going back to her mentally unstable self, Xavier has changed, and it feels like I'm trying to stop Leo from finding himself. Fuck imma a bad sister. I ruin everything for everyone." I told myself.

"I don't think you ever healed from Taylor's death. You were so focused on trying to protect the rest of them that you haven't even grieved your own sister's death. And now finding out it was your parents that got her killed has just deepened the pot." Who the fuck he think he is? This ain't the Kuramo show. But he is right it's sad to say.

"Is Leo single by the way?"

"Thanks even though we haven't had much of a chance to talk. Sorry for knocking you out a few days ago." I said totally bypassing what he asked.

"Wait huh?" Now acknowledging his statement.

"You gotta thing for Leo?" I said teasing him.

"Awww how cutee." I playfully nudged him. Mateo just stared at me with a straight face.

"Yeah, I should've never asked you," Mateo said now embarrassed.

"Do you think Imma disappointment?" I asked Mateo going back to our emotional conversation.

"I don't know you that well enough to say." That was an answer I was kinda relieved to hear.

"Dario was the only one ballsy enough to look me in the eye the night of dinner. Even Alonzo couldn't even look at me." I stated continuously dwelling on the past.

"You know now that I'm thinking about it you and Dario are sorta similar. Even though he's been the middle child all his life he felt like he had to protect me and Danila, especially from our dad. He's the Don of one of the largest mafia's he feels like everybody's relying on him. Same as you you're the head assassin in the world's best secret organization but you're scared of letting people down." I never heard anyone say such nice things about Bossman without adding curse words or a death wish in the end. Mateo is a good brother and he means well. His words really do hit home simply because he knows exactly what you need to hear.

"If your mother had asked you to kill your father, would you?" It was random but I've been thinking about this since he walked in here.

"Within a heartbeat." Mateo coldly said. As if he's asked himself this a million times before.

"I might ask him out on a date tomorrow," Mateo stated still staring into an abyss.

"Oh, and I talked to Xavier about him banging my sister and just a heads up it was a one-time thing. That's what he claims. But then again it's my sister she would say anything to get into someone's head."
Mateo got up and dusted imaginary dust off himself.

"I think I'll head out it was nice talking to you though. And good luck with Leo." I stated before leaving him to his own thoughts I've had my alone time before he came in and I'm sure he's looking for the same now.

"Same time next week?" Mateo jokingly asked. Might take him up on that offer.

 Might take him up on that offer