07

The only thing to do around here is to work and train

The only thing to do around here is to work and train. I can't even leave the house without being yelled at. Is this what Belle felt when she was locked in that big castle?

"What do you think about staying?" Leo asked. Me and Leo sat at the dinner table waiting for the cooks to finish and everyone to gather around. It's kinda like a thing now. We always meet up around this time with Nabi and talk it's the only time we can get some privacy or free time. We're either working on something for the Lombardi's, planning out strategies to take down our parents, or training.

This family is serious about eating dinner together it was a tradition their mother had started. Alonzo, their grandfather kept it going after she died, he adored her from what I hear. He even started inviting us as the house guests I still don't eat much in front of everyone but I like to show my presence out of respect. He's a good man I started going on morning walks with him. We'd talk about any and everything. Honestly, he's the only person I'll miss when I leave.

"Whatchu mean? You actually want to stay?" I was confused. I'm not the person to force anything but we don't fit in here and they let it be known daily.

"I actually kinda like it here they value family and so should we. If you'd just open up more you'll notice that being here isn't that bad. We lost our real parents who could've been loving people to psychopaths who built literal human weapons to do their dirty work and earn money for them. Money that we never saw. We were manipulated Zaria. This is a chance for us to work for someone who is willing to pay us for our talents. Maybe Taylor's death is a sign for us to stop working in this field." I hate it when Leo sounds smart.

"I'm done working for people," I whispered to myself. It was true I'm done working for someone. I've been doing other people's dirty work. I've taken orders. I had my whole childhood and teenage life taken away from me. All of us did.

"How did you let Mateo get one up on you anyway? I mean he's not good at fighting at all." I asked reminiscing about the day we were supposed to take Dario down.

"Girll he is fine he caught me off guard. Plus he had a gun to my head and yours and we both know you're my weakness." Leo is better than all of us. He has a heart. And that's why our parents were harder on him. The rest of us were ruthless killers but you can tell that killing took a toll on him.

"What about you, you could've easily taken ole girl down," Leo asked.

"Wasn't planning to kill. Hurt yes."

"Have you seen Nabi lately?" Leo asked confused.

"Nabi went back down the rabbit hole," I added breaking the silence.

"It's like she's morning over her all over agai-"

"I'm fine." The devil spoke showing her presence. Long time no see.

"No lie when I saw Xavier I truly thought there was hope that Taylor could possibly be alive. But it was like a stab in the heart all over again." Nabi said as she took a seat across from me and Leo.