the worst couple

The bell rang, signaling the end of another school day at Hollywood Arts High. The gang had decided to hang out at the school courtyard. Beck and Jade sat across from each other, their faces both wearing a scowl. The rest of their friends - Robbie, Cat, Andre, and Tori - shared apprehensive glances, all too familiar with what was to come.

Suddenly, Jade broke the silence. "I saw you, Beck. Talking to Meredith in the hallway."

Beck rolled his eyes. "Jade, we were just talking about the assignment."

"Oh, so now you're studying with other girls?"

"I wasn't studying with her," Beck shot back. "She just asked me a question."

"Yeah, sure." Jade's voice dripped with sarcasm.

The rest of the group squirmed uncomfortably. Cat's eyes started welling up, she didn't like when her friends were fighting. Andre tried to interject, hoping to defuse the situation, but was shot down by a glare from Jade.

Robbie looked like he was about to cry. He hated conflict, especially when it involved his friends. Tori was looking from Jade to Beck, unsure of what to do. Even Rex seemed uneasy, a first in his wooden life.

"But of course, you don't trust me," Beck finally said, his voice quieter now.

"That's not it," Jade protested. "I just don't like seeing my boyfriend flirting with other girls."

"I wasn't flirting!" Beck exclaimed, frustration evident in his voice. He ran a hand through his hair, sighing deeply.

The tension in the air was thick enough to cut with a knife. Cat was now shaking, her bottom lip trembling. Andre placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, trying to soothe her. Robbie was looking down, tears threatening to spill over. Tori bit her lip, worry etched on her face.

Beck and Jade continued their heated argument, oblivious to the discomfort they were causing their friends. It was another one of their daily spats, one of the many they had had since the beginning of the year. It seemed like their relationship was hanging by a thread, the thread being ready to snap at any moment.

The constant bickering had taken its toll on everyone, not just Beck and Jade. But the question remained, how much longer would it go on? The answer, unfortunately, was known to none. It was just a matter of time before it would reach a breaking point, and everyone could sense it coming. They could only hope that their friendship would survive the aftermath.

*

It was a typical night in Jade's mother's house. Jade was curled up on her bed, her blue eyes staring blankly at the ceiling. Her pet bunny, Whiskers, nestled against her, a comforting warmth against her chilled skin. The room was silent except for the sound of her soft sobs that were muffled by her pillow. She was alone, her mother far too self-absorbed to care about her daughter, and her little brother sound asleep in his room.

Every argument, every harsh word exchanged, every disappointed look from Beck played in her mind like a haunting movie. She wished she could rewind and edit out those moments but reality was cruel. Jade knew she was responsible for the numerous fights, her jealousy and anger always getting the best of her. But she didn't know how to change it. It was like a burning fire inside her, consuming her rationality and replacing it with destructive flames.

Meanwhile, Beck was in his RV, a similar scene playing out. His usually lively eyes were dull, reflecting the emotional turmoil within him. His pet Rottweiler, Jay, sat beside him, his head resting on Beck's lap. Beck was stroking the dog absentmindedly, his thoughts far away. The sound of his own laughter echoed in his mind, an echo from happier times with Jade. He missed those times when their arguments were playful banter, not the venomous fights they had now.