tori and jade's playdate

A month after the breakup, Jade was almost unrecognizable to her classmates. She was quieter, kept to herself, and never interacted with anyone unless she really had to. Even her classmates began to notice, as they would whisper amongst themselves and nickname her "Amy Lee" or "twilight vampire." Hurtful rumors circulated throughout Hollywood Arts, none of them true, yet everyone seemed to believe them. Jade's life had turned into a nightmare, and she felt increasingly lonely and isolated.

Jade did her best to ignore the whispers, focusing her attention on her studies and the new play that Sikowitz had written. The prospect of being in a play distracted her momentarily, giving her something to pour her efforts into. Yet even the joy of acting seemed to lose its luster when she found out she had to play the wife to Tori, with Beck and André playing their identical twin sons.

The rehearsals were grueling, as Jade had to pretend that she was fine and everything was normal. Every time she had to act out a scene with Tori and Beck, she would put on a brave face, trying to hide the pain that the breakup and the bullying had caused her. Yet no matter how hard she tried, her performances lacked the usual spark.

Sikowitz noticed the lack of chemistry between Jade and Tori and decided that they needed to bond. So he decided to send them on a "date" at Nozu, a local sushi place, with Sinjin and Burf keeping watch so they wouldn't leave early.

The whole idea felt absurd to Jade. She felt like she was being forced into a situation she didn't want to be a part of. Tori attempted to reach out to Jade, trying to understand why Jade had been isolating herself.

"Jade, we need to talk. You've been acting strange ever since the breakup," Tori said, concern in her voice.

Jade scoffed and crossed her arms, looking away from Tori. She couldn't possibly tell Tori what she was going through. She had to keep pretending, keep acting, even if it was getting harder and harder to keep her true feelings hidden.

*

As they sat in the booth at Nozu, surrounded by the chattering of other customers and the delicious scent of sushi, Tori and Jade found themselves in a quiet bubble of conversation.

"Your turn again," Tori urged, her voice hardly above a whisper. Their 'playdate', as Sikowitz had referred to it, felt oddly intimate in this setting.

Jade felt the weight of the challenge in front of her. Complimenting Tori felt like a betrayal to the image of herself she had worked so hard to cultivate. But deep down, she knew it was just her own insecurities speaking.

"Some people might say that... from certain angles... that you're pretty," Jade admitted, the words sounding foreign on her tongue. Her gaze drifted to the array of sushi rolls in front of her, unable to meet Tori's eyes.

Tori stared back at Jade, her surprise evident. Jade felt her face heat up under the scrutiny, a not-so rare feeling of vulnerability washing over her.

"You could say I'm pretty!" she blurted out defensively, crossing her arms in front of her chest. She quickly looked away, cursing herself for sounding so desperate.

Tori's reply was soft, "You are pretty, Jade."

Jade's gaze darted back to Tori, her heart thudding in her chest. The simple acknowledgment felt like a lifeline. A tiny smile crept onto her face, just as awkward as their entire interaction.

"You know..." Jade began, her voice barely above a whisper, "I remember hearing you at the showcase. You... you were good."

Tori blinked in surprise, but Jade continued, "If it wasn't for that stupid coffee accident on your first day... maybe we could've been friends from the start."

And for a brief moment, they both shared a look, an unspoken understanding of what could have been, and the faintest hint of what might still be.

*

Jade and Tori's "date" at Nozu quickly took a turn for the worse when two random boys, Alan and Chad, decided to crash their table.

"Hey, you two look like you could use some company," Chad smirked, sliding into the booth next to Jade.

"We were doing just fine on our own," Jade snapped back, visibly irritated.

Alan laughed. "Come on, don't be like that. How about you two sing us a song?"

Tori and Jade exchanged glances. They may have their differences, but they both shared an understanding: they had to get these guys off their backs. With a sigh, they got up, grabbed microphones and started to perform the song "Take A Hint."

As they sang, Alan and Chad's smirks faded into confusion, then embarrassment as they realized the song was directed at them. When the song ended, the boys quickly made an exit, leaving Tori and Jade to finish their "date" in peace.

Days later, during the play, Tori and Jade gave a convincing performance as a married couple. The animosity from their Nozu experience seemed to have been channeled into their act, making it all the more believable. The audience loved it, giving them a roaring applause at the end of the show.

But as they bowed, Jade spotted the familiar figures of Alan and Chad in the crowd, and her heart sank. Tori noticed them too, and her eyes widened in alarm.

"Run?" Tori whispered to Jade, fear creeping into her voice.

"Run," Jade agreed, and as soon as the curtain fell, they bolted, leaving the theatre and the memory of their relentless Nozu encounter behind.