jade's crush on tori

During her junior year, Jade found herself navigating a complex labyrinth of emotions, especially in her interactions with Tori. On the surface, they maintained their familiar frenemy dynamic, but beneath that, Jade was dealing with a burgeoning and confusing attraction towards Tori.

Jade's feelings were an internal storm, manifesting in subtle yet significant ways. She caught herself stealing glances at Tori, her mind wandering into daydreams where they were more than just friends. During rehearsals, their banter sometimes veered into territory that felt dangerously close to flirting.

"Nice job, Tori. Didn't know you could actually act," Jade would remark sarcastically, after a particularly good rehearsal.

Tori, unfazed, would shoot back with a grin, "Thanks, Jade. Coming from you, that almost sounds like a compliment."

These exchanges, laced with their usual biting wit, left Jade feeling unsettled, questioning the true nature of their interactions. Was it just playful rivalry, or was there something more? Jade's thoughts were often clouded with confusion, wondering if Tori's smile lingered a little too long, if her laughs were a bit too genuine.

Amidst this emotional turmoil, Jade's commitment to Beck remained steadfast. Her feelings for Tori, though confusing, never overshadowed her love and dedication to Beck. She knew the importance of their relationship, built on trust, respect, and deep affection. Jade was determined not to let her fleeting emotions disrupt the foundation she and Beck had built.

Her struggle remained her own, a secret battle of heart and mind. To the world, and even to Beck, she was the same Jade - sharp-tongued, fiercely independent, and unflinchingly loyal. But within her, the tumultuous whirlwind of her feelings for Tori continued to churn, a hidden aspect of her complex emotional landscape.

*

In the chaotic aftermath of Sikowitz's announcement, the drama class buzzed with anticipation. As the students eagerly awaited the cast list for "Steamboat Suzy," Jade's expectancy shone through her edgy demeanor.

Sikowitz, in his characteristic whimsical manner, hinted at revealing the coveted roles. "Would anyone be interested in seeing the cast list for our little play called Steamboat Suzy?"

Jade, with palpable confidence, interjected, "I got the lead, right?" Expectation lingered in her voice, eyes darting between Sikowitz and the paper in his hands.

The teacher, seemingly flustered, responded with an abrupt exit, leaving behind a list that soon became the epicenter of a storm. Jade, seizing the opportunity, retrieved the list with a surge of impulsive fury. Her eyes scanned the page, her grip tightening, and then she exploded, the paper crumpling in her clenched fists.

A chair was sent flying, causing startled gasps from her classmates. Robbie, in a hushed tone, suggested, "I don't think she got it."

Cat, ever the curious and innocent soul, inquired about the lead role. Tori, with a mix of humility and surprise, admitted, "Me."

Jade, consumed by rage, bellowed out her discontent, "Yeah, her! That! She got the lead!" Her frustration echoed, leaving everyone taken aback by her raw emotion.

Amidst the chaos, Andre attempted to diffuse the tension, seeking clarification from the list. "Alright, now chill down. Let's see. It says right here, 'Jade West - understudy for the role of Suzy.'"

Jade, seething with indignation, sneered, "Like it's my dream to be Tori's understudy!" Her sarcasm dripped, punctuated by the fury evident in her actions.

Tori's innocent inquiry about the meaning of an understudy, a small spark in the midst of the raging storm, only served to further stoke Jade's already blazing fire. "What's an understudy?" Tori asked, her curiosity tinged with uncertainty.