Going on an Adventure!

[Y/N's POV]

In short, it took me all of three minutes to pack. Plus maybe five minutes to get my stuff out. I grabbed my sword, put a few extra pairs of underwear and socks in a bag. I draped a flannel shirt over my camp one, and rolled the sleeves up my forearms. I also grabbed my bronze bracers and tightened them around my lower forearms.

Never hurts to have extra protection, especially on weaker parts of the body, even if it slightly limited my mobility. These were a joint work between me, and Hephaestus head counselor Charles Beckendorf. He did the metalwork and I was the moral support.

I was gifted a couple hundred dollars from Chiron, stuffed that into my bag and then I remembered I left my toothbrush.

But I didn't feel like running back to my place, so I just got a Hermes camper to steal me one and some toothpaste from the camp stores.

I reached the top of the hill, where Annabeth, Grover, and Percy were all waiting for me impatiently, with Argus and Chiron making their way up the hill as well.

Percy had a bag full of whatever crap he was given. Chiron gave each of us a canteen of nectar and a Ziploc bag full of ambrosia squares, to be used only in emergencies, if we were seriously hurt.

"It's good food," he reminded us. "It'll cure you of almost any injury, but it would very much kill mortals."

As expected, Annabeth was bringing her magic Yankees cap. She also had a book. I think it was something about architecture. She said it was to "pass the time."  It was written in ancient Greek. I think it was the same book she was reading earlier this week. It wouldn't surprise me. It's a very thick book.

It hurt to be hit with. I took note of that. Don't annoy Annabeth on this trip. Wait until after.

Grover wore his fake feet and his pants to pass as human. He wore his green hat to cover up his horns. I heard his bag clinking around and I could only imagine how much tin was in there. I bet I could make a few dollars off of all of that.

He also had his reed pipes, which I tried my best not to bleed from the ears when he played. I loved him dearly, but man. He was not that good.

We trotted up the hill and past the pine tree. I laid a hand on it and said a silent prayer. I turned and took one last look at the place I had spent most of my life at, and took a brisk step through the barrier.

Down by the car, Chiron waited for us. Argus stood next to him. I liked Argus. He was a pretty cool dude, though I couldn't help but shiver when I saw him. He was covered in eyes and something about him having all those made me a little aggravated.

Chiron introduced Percy to Argus, and we got ready to get in the car. I heard manic footsteps racing through the grass behind us.

Luke made his presence known, carrying a pair of basketball shoes. "Hey!" he panted. "Glad I caught you."

Annabeth's face flushed, as it usually did when the Hermes head counselor was around. "Just wanted to say good luck," Luke told me. He turned to Percy with the shoes "And I thought... um, maybe you could use these, Percy."

Luke said, "Maia!"

White bird's wings sprouted out of the heels, startling Percy. He dropped the shoes, and the wings flapped on the ground.

"Awesome!" Grover said.

Luke smiled. "Those served me well when I was on my quest. Gift from Dad. Of course, I don't use them much these days...." His expression turned sad.