An Explosive Reunion

[Y/N's POV]

When I finally woke up, I felt warmth. Like, someone had lit a fire nearby. I opened my eyes and looked around at my surroundings. This was a workshop. I tried to sit up, but my whole body was still sore.

"Careful, kid. You're not in good condition. Don't do anything stupid. And don't touch anything." a voice boomed. I looked around, realizing I was leaned up against what looked like the seat back for an old car.

In front of me were a bunch of hydraulic lifts. Underneath the nearest one, which held a toyota, a pair of legs stuck out. The lower body of a massive man in grubby gray pants, with one mangled leg in a metal brace.

He wheeled himself forward and sat up, revealing a giant bearded man. "Lord Hephaestus..." I muttered. The forge god nodded, wiping his grimy face with an equally dirty rag.

 The forge god nodded, wiping his grimy face with an equally dirty rag

(Nick Offerman as Hephaestus)

"Your mother warned me you might be coming through here." he reached down to something at his side, and tossed a dirty bag my way.

I wondered if it was always that dirty or if the workshop made it that way. I knew Hephaestus as the god of fire, and forges, so I was thankful I hadn't been incinerated yet, but also confused as to what was in this bag sailing towards me.

"Call it a care package. Least that's what she told me." He said like he has read my thoughts. "There's not much, because I'm not sure she realized how banged up you would be." he pointed at my crooked leg as I caught the bag. Inside it was a small helping of ambrosia, and a vial of nectar.

I'd never been so glad to see these things before. I wolfed down the ambrosia immediately, and uncorked the nectar, downing it like it were water. My dry throat burned still, but it was immediately made up for, with my leg snapping back into place harshly, and the powder that were my ribs, starting to take shape once again.

Everything still hurt like hell, but for the first time in however long I'd been stuck in the labyrinth, I felt like I could breathe. I tried taking a deep breath, and while it burned still, it was the easiest breath I've had since I got down here. I looked up at the god of forges who was tinkering with one of his smaller inventions.

"Thank you, Lord Hephaestus." I weakly sputtered. The god nodded faintly and kept working on his device. "Do you know what day it is, Y/N?" he asked, never taking his eyes off his machinery.

I shook my head. "Last I remember, it was May." Hephaestus frowned. "It is a miracle you've survived this long, boy. It's the second week of June."

My throat already felt drier than it ever had been. "I've been gone for a month?" I shook, the warm feeling of ambrosia being replaced by the cold grip of terror. I told Percy I'd be back this weekend. "It's been about six weeks." Hephaestus answered. Oh, gods... I could only imagine how worried everyone was.