Losing some Hair

[Y/N's POV]

It's good to know that I'm not always the least intelligent one of the group. Because Percy had very little common sense about this. If I could slap him as a guinea pig, I would.

But, even Annabeth went along with this whole thing, which was odd, seeing as she usually questioned EVERYTHING. Granted, 'C.C.' as she was apparently called now, usually treated girls better than us gents.

Let me tell you the story of how I got here.

When I woke up on the beach, which could have been a couple days ago for all I know, I scrambled to my feet and spun around, wiping clumps of wet sand off of my legs. After I had finished that, as well as shaken the sand free of my shoes, I started searching around on the island.

It didn't take long for me to realize that this place was inhabited. What struck me as weird though, was that that the place looked like a private resort. In fact, it basically was, since Hylla, the trickster with the clipboard, had explained that this place was a spa.

Now, normally, I like to be skeptical about these things, but the last 48 hours or so had somewhat shifted my perspective about myself. And that demon. And the world around. And my friends. Oh gods, my friends.

I was here without them. Hylla saw the frightened look on my face and put a hand on my shoulder, asking, "What's wrong?" I explained everything, and she gained wide eyes, and a grimace on her face. "I think I know someone who can help take the edge off." she said, guiding me further into the spa. "But I don't need the edge taken off!" I shouted. "I need to find my friends!"

"And miss C.C. can help you with that, only once you've calmed down." Eventually, we reached this, 'Miss C.C.' lady that Hylla was rattling on about. And let me tell you, I thought she was the second most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. At least until this whole thing happened. She's dropped substantially down on my rankings since.

Anyway.

C.C. looked me up and down with a glint of confusion, and then some form of genuine care. She frowned. "What's your name, young man?" she asked, a hint of worry in her voice. "Y/N." I replied, hazily, still trying to calm my breathing.

"Well, Y/N. You look troubled. What brings you here?" she asked, a gorgeous smile on her face, and clapping her hands on her knees.

C.C stood and stepped a few feet closer, leaning down to be only a couple inches from my face. Said face of mine burned a little bit as I tried to come up with words to say.

"I washed up on the shore.", I said, slowing my breathing, looking into her captivating eyes. "I... I'm looking for my friends. Our boat, it got into an accident, and we got separated. Maybe they came through here?"

C.C. shook her head. "Well, Y/N, I'm sorry, but you're our first customer in a while. If you'd like, we can get you treated for some things while you work on finding your friends? You need medical attention." She offered. That sounded like a really good idea, so I accepted.

C.C. waved Hylla out of the room and took me by the hand, pulling me into what I could only guess was her office, because there was a giant loom in here, with black fabric at the base. Not to mention the giant cage of squealing guinea pigs, rattling around.

"Ah, yes." C.C. said, noticing my eyes. "I adopted a few a while back, and they bred like mad. I can't sell them fast enough." she said, directing me to stand in front of a large blue cloth. "Here, Y/N. Look into this, and it'll tell me exactly what you need from us."

"What?" C.C. smiled sweetly at me for a moment, giving a look that read 'you can trust me.' I felt like I could, so I looked into the cloth, and saw my reflection for only a moment. Then, it shifted from the bruised, bloody, grimacing face that I was wearing right now, to my face without any of that. The cracks in my skin were gone, a small scar or two no longer there, my hair looked cleaner than I could ever make it, and silky smooth.