Bull Fighting

[Y/N's POV]

I leave for a week and all hell breaks loose. Figures. This happened last year too. I leave to look into Percy at Yancy and then when I got back, suddenly there's a war looming.

Bronze bulls were running around, spitting fire all over the place. They were about the size of an elephant, and they were slightly smaller than the minotaur. Except there were two of the bulls rather than just one of the minotaurs. That's arguably worse.

The taxi peeled out, spraying us with gravel and tire fragments. I was out something like six drachmas this week and now I had to fight. Again. They barely gave us time to get our things and they were gone.

"Oh, man," said Annabeth, looking at the battle raging on the hill. "That is nothing good." Percy muttered. "Cows!" Tyson exclaimed. I ran a tense hand down my face, drew my sword, groaned, and started walking towards the battlefield. Black plumes of smoke were rising from camp, and saw other campers go flying at the mercy of the bronze battle machines.

"Border patrol!" I yelled. "Get your sorry butts over here!"

"We're trying our best!" I heard a gruff, female voice respond.

"Border patrol?" Percy muttered. "We don't have a border patrol."

"We do now!" I yelled. "Come on. We gotta help."

Well, this last year has somewhat softened my opinion of Clarisse. Maybe because every time she or the other Ares campers had anything to say, the collective response was "Be quiet! (insert name) Your dad got his ass beat by a twelve year old!"

Still though, I never really would've wanted to help her very much. This was a different matter entirely though.

Everyone was scrambling to find order. The fire was spiraling around Thalia's tree and another of the demigods went flying past and tumbling down the hill. His helmet was covered in fire, the horsehair on top burning like a lantern.

Another guy was waving his arms in distress, and then stopped, dropped, and rolled like in one of those fire safety presentations how they always tell you too.

I got a few of those at that middle school. Surprisingly enough, mortals are often chaotic as well. Not as much chaos as this moment mind you, but there's still something fun happening almost every day.

Clarisse looked much worse for wear. She was fighting with a broken spear, and her armor was cracked. The bull flipped her, but she didn't falter. Her broken spear shaft got jammed into the bull's neck. It just snorted and let loose a column of fire towards her.

Percy uncapped his sword and turned to Tyson. "Tyson, stay here. I don't want you taking any more chances."

"No!" Annabeth said. "We need him."

Percy stared at us, then at him. "He's mortal. He got lucky with the dodge balls but he can't- "

"Percy those are Colchis bulls! Hephaestus made them, and they will most definitely turn you into a burnt marshmallow if you're not careful!" I yelled, shaking his shoulders.

"We can't fight them without Medea's Sunscreen SPF 50,000. We'll get burned to a crisp." Annabeth cried out, drawing her dagger.

"Medea's what?"

I had just remembered how ridiculous magic items sound. 50,000 FPS. That is, a lot more than the FPS thirty you use to not get sunburn. Of course, now I'll never forget that there's an FPS 50,000. Annabeth had a habit of filling my brain with her out loud thoughts. I didn't mind most times, but FPS 50,000 is not a useful tidbit.