A Much Needed Vacation

[Y/N's POV]

It feels like every time I expect to die, I end up somewhere I never thought I would. It felt a lot like when I was thrust onto Circe's island last year. When my eyes fluttered open, I felt like every injury I had was magnified in intensity about a hundred times over.

My skin was burning, my muscles felt torn, and my throat felt so dry I thought I'd eaten a spoonful of sand. I honestly didn't think I'd be able to move my body.

Either Poseidon was kind enough to keep me alive, or he was cruel enough to send me somewhere I'd never be able to leave. I was gonna figure that out soon enough.

I could see the bright blue sky above me. Palm trees danced in the gentle breeze, as my vision sharpened. A couple clouds were in the sky, but they were taking their sweet time. The sun was aglow, shining me in its warm light.

I heard a fountain gurgling in the distance, waves gently beating on the rocky shoreline, and sweet scents wafting in the morning air. The only reason I knew I wasn't dead, was because I've been to the underworld twice now, and I knew Apollo would never be allowed in there. Even as a method of torture.

I tried to sit up, but my abdomen and just about all my muscles seared in pain. I let out a grunt of pain. "Stay still," a girl's voice said softly, putting her hands on my shoulders and keeping me down. "You're still too weak to move." My head hit something soft.

I felt a cool sensation on my forehead, water gently dripping into my hair. I felt so dirty. A bronze spoon hovered over my mouth, and a warm liquid dripped off and in. The drink soothed my dry throat, and tasted like a fizzy soda I once had at a hotel. The nectar of the gods.

The girl leaned forward, her face coming into focus above me. It was just then that I realized my head was resting on her lap, and if I didn't feel like my skin was on fire, I'd say I felt my face flush.

Anyway, her eyes were a pretty almond color, and her caramel color hair was braided over one shoulder. She looked to be my age, but I couldn't really tell. She had one of those faces that just seemed timeless.

She began singing, and my pain dissolved. Her voice was ethereal, like nectar was being pushed through my body as she let out the tune. She was working magic. I could feel her music sinking into my skin, healing and repairing my body. My wounds, my scars, and my broken parts, all slowly started rendering back to normal.

"Who are you?" I croaked. "Shhh, my starlight," she said. " I am Calypso. Rest and heal. No harm will come to you here."

My eyes rolled into the back of my head as my consciousness faded again.

* * *

When I woke up, I was looking up a cave ceiling. But by far was this the best looking cave I'd ever been in. All the other ones are dark, smelly, and dreary.

This one though, the ceiling glittered with clusters of crystals, multi-colored and brilliant to behold. It was like a kaleidoscope. I was lying on a comfortable bed with feathered pillows, and cotton sheets. It made me feel like the last two months were just a bad dream. Though, that wouldn't exactly explain the cave.

There was a curtain that divided the other side of the room. On one side, there was a harp and a loom. Against the other wall were shelves neatly stacked with jars of fruit preserves.

Dried herbs hung from the ceiling: rosemary, thyme, and a bunch of other stuff. I bet Mrs Jackson could've named them all. She loved using spices in her food.