Lost in the Dark

[Y/N's POV]

"Y/N! Wake up! It's time for class!"

I rolled over in bed, being slapped in the face with the sun's light. My ears were assaulted too with Mrs. Jackson's rapid knocking on the door. This place wasn't very friendly to my senses in the morning.

Yeah, I'd been living with the Jacksons since just before Christmas. Overall, it had been great, but the rough thing is that Percy's mom is just as anti-skipping class as Chiron was.

My alarm blared its wildly annoying beeping, as I rolled my body over to slap on the snooze button. "I'm up! I'm up, Mrs Jackson!" I replied, yawning and stretching in a way that my body started shaking. It felt incredible.

"I made you and Percy breakfast, if you want. Eggs!" She said cheerfully through the door. "Sounds great, Mrs Jackson. Thanks." I smiled softly as she left the door and returned to her morning activities. I had donned my usual apparel, jeans, and a band t-shirt I got after a Linkin Park concert Percy's mom took us to.

Sure, it hurt my ears, but it was worth it. Apparently the band was doing a tour, and Mrs Jackson surprised us with tickets to go. Percy said this was when he was going to introduce me to good rock music. He wasn't lying. That was a great concert.

I threw on one of my flannel shirts over that, rolling up the sleeves since it was getting warmer in New York with the summer approaching. It was early May. Probably a week or two until final exams were going to take place.

I was exhausted with school, honestly. But I loved it. Percy's mom was a great help with school when Annabeth wasn't available.

Speaking of Annabeth, she'd been keeping watch in San Francisco, so we'd either write to each other, or send Iris messages.

Another knock at my door pulled me free of my thoughts, as I grabbed my stuff and opened the door, seeing Mrs Jackson smiling down at me, her hand still mid knock. "Just checking. Wanted to make sure you weren't going to be late." I smiled back and sidled around her, making my way through the apartment to the bathroom.

"Oh, dude!" I exclaimed, seeing Percy in there brushing his teeth. The issue was- "Put some pants on! Nobody wants to look at that!" Percy was in his tighty whities, half asleep. He jolted awake at my shouting, and jumped, slamming the door shut in front of him.

I sighed, knocking on the door, "At least give me my toothbrush, Percy!" I heard a little plastic clatter and saw my toothbrush slide out from under the door.

I furrowed my brow and went to the kitchen sink, brushing as best as I could while Percy's mom chuckled about 'boys'

Suddenly, the phone rang. Percy's mom answered quickly, and exclaimed with joy, babbling on about, "he's alright. Brushing his teeth now." Once I had finished and discarded the toothpaste, she said the call was for me.

"Hello?" I asked. "Hey, Y/N!" Annabeth's cheery voice transmitted through the phone. "What's up, Einstein?" I asked, scratching the back of my neck. "I was thinking."

"Of course you were." I replied. "Classes end for me on the 24th. You want to catch a movie the week after?" I looked at Mrs Jackson and pulled the phone away from my ear. "When do classes end?"

She mouthed 'The twenty fifth' and I nodded in thanks, putting the phone back up to my ear. "Yeah. That works. What day were you thinking? And would I be going there, or would you be coming here?" I asked.

Annabeth went "Umm" before making a noise of realization. "How about the fourth?" I scratched my chin in thought. "That works. What do you want to see?"