Hailing a 'Cab'

[Y/N's POV]

My back was pressed against the wall of an alleyway a few blocks away as my sword clattered to the floor.

"Why does Percy always have to be in life threatening danger?" I huffed, my brain just now catching up to my body.

"I told you." Annabeth's voice called out. She pulled off the Yankees ball cap that she always had. "I was right again." She crouched in front of me and offered a hand. I took it and was pulled to my feet. "I'm always right." She stuck her tongue out at me. I just sighed and put my sword back on my back.

"One of these days you're gonna be wrong about something and I'm never going to let you live it down." I rubbed my face, stressfully.

"Says the one who doesn't think San Diego is a real city." she muttered with a smirk, sticking her tongue out in a joking tease.

"I don't think you grasp the idea that I said that to annoy you." I told her. She raised a brow and started thinking. "But... but-"

"Did you honestly think I was that dumb?" I asked her, flashing my own smirk of disbelief. When she didn't answer I started to get worried. "Wait did you actually-" She quickly hurried past me and reached her hands out into the street. Percy and his new friend were in them.

As much as I didn't want to, I pinned Percy's friend hard against the alley wall.

[Percy's POV]

Annabeth pulled Tyson and me off the sidewalk just as a fire truck screamed past, heading for Meriwether Prep. Y/N pushed him back against the wall. Tyson started whimpering. He might have been able to throw him like a ragdoll. but for some reason, Tyson always just sat there and took it.

"Where'd you find him?" Annabeth demanded, pointing at Tyson.

Now, under different circumstances, I would've been really happy to see my friends. Annabeth and I had made peace last summer, despite the fact that her mom was Athena and didn't get along with my dad.

Y/N was my friend even when he was pretending to not be a demigod over at Yancy Academy. I'd missed my friends probably a little more than I'd care to admit, but I had just been attacked by psycho cannibal giants. So my brain wasn't quite where it should've been.

Tyson had saved me multiple times during that, and Annabeth sneered at him like he was the one who was attacking me. Y/N had him pressed against the wall like a bully in an 80's movie.

"How'd you find him is probably a better question." Y/N said, panting. He reached a hand back and wrapped it around the hilt of his sword. Tyson started sniffing like he was going to cry. I wanted to push past Annabeth and help Tyson but Annabeth put her hands on my shoulders and held me there. The daughter of Athena was far stronger than her current appearance might lead you to think.

"Percy. Tell me. Where'd you find him?" she said, her voice warbling.

"He's my friend," I told her.

"Is he homeless?" she asked, hastily.

"What does that have to do with anything?" I asked. Annabeth kicked me in the shins. "Is he homeless?!" She yelled.

"He can hear you, you know. Why don't you ask him?"

She looked surprised. "He can talk?"

"I talk," Tyson admitted. Y/N jumped back in surprise. Tyson massaged his chest where he was being pushed onto the wall. "You are pretty." he told Annabeth.