Funeral Crasher

[Annabeth's POV]

I pulled Percy out by the wrist. Tears were welling in my eyes and I tried to convince myself that he'd come running out right after us. All I could do was pray that Y/N had a plan.

But I knew he didn't. It was Y/N. He never plans anything ahead.

We turned quick and felt the volcano start rumbling. Dust shook from the cave ceiling, as Percy and I found the tunnel behind the spider.

We made it out just in time. As we ran from the exit of Mount St Helen, the earth beneath us shook, and in a flash of blinding white light, there was an explosion so loud I thought I'd never be able to hear again. My ears rang as I stared in disbelief at what just happened. The cave behind us had caved in, and steam was floating from out of the cracks.

I'd had a fantasy, since Y/N rescued me in Mt Tam. That we'd get to grow old together, like we grew up together.

I realized now that you're not allowed to have a happy life as a demigod. Something always goes wrong. I could barely bring myself to think about it. The very idea that I'd lost him just after I got him back took my breath. I could almost feel my heart stop beating.

I felt Percy grab my wrist, yelling something I could barely hear. "Annabeth, we gotta go!" he shouted. I couldn't move. My feet wouldn't.

No one could have survived that explosion.

Percy stepped in front of me, and through the tears that were starting to form, I could see his determined face. "I know," he said, his voice faltering. "I know how much it hurts. I know that you're not going to be okay, but we need to move, or we're going to join him!" he shouted.

That didn't sound so bad right now.

I spent this whole time trying to find Y/N, and when I finally do, he blows himself up. We hurried after the spider and ran as fast as I could with tears all but blinding me.

We made it back to the workshop, and met with Hephaestus, who was delighted(?) to hear the news that we had destroyed the forge. When we told him that Y/N was caught up in it, he replied, "Figures... His mother is going to be very upset." he huffed.

"Sir, we have to get back to camp." Percy choked out. Hephaestus hmphed, and grabbed the chassis of one of the cars, before placing it on the ground.

Suddenly, the vehicle sprung to life, growing wheels, and a brand new paint job. "This car will take you wherever you need. Consider it a thank you for your friend clearing the forge." he waved his hand, signaling us to leave.

Percy opened the door, and we climbed in. It was a spacious vehicle, with more room on the inside than the outside.

"Camp Half-blood." Percy said simply, after shutting the door. The car hummed to life, and suddenly, the windows were a gateway to the blur that was the outside world.

The prophecy was right. He was gone. And I'd never get to see him again. The moment finally hit me.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I thought about all the moments we had together growing up. The fights we made it through side by side. Everything that was left unsaid. I just wished we had a little more time. The pit in my stomach I felt, the pain of losing him, it was unbearable. I couldn't shake the feeling like a part of me had been ripped away.

It felt like the fates were playing such a cruel trick on me. I had hoped for so long that he wouldn't be the one I'd lose, but it felt like nothing would change the fact that he was.