Lunch with a Runaway

[Y/N's POV]

Everything was dark, and tense. Not just me. The entire camp.

But this had happened to me a lot over the last year.

I couldn't see anything, but I knew I was floating, because it felt weightless. I couldn't even see my own hand in front of me. I wasn't in control but there was that voice again. The demon from inside of me. Its voice was a whispered growl.

"What do you not understand? You can't hold me out for much longer. You will falter..."

The voice trailed off. I wanted to scream. I couldn't. I tried to. But nothing came out, and my throat was being torn up because of my attempts.

A knot in my stomach grew and it felt like even the abyss around me was shaking. It was as if someone put me in a water bottle and threw it around.

"This body will be mine. As it was meant to. You're only keeping it warm for me." The voice chuckled. It was an evil, unsettling laugh that rattled me deep to my core.

Finally, light shone onto my face. I was still floating in a void and the only light was that of the silver wisps of moonlight passing through my window. My eyes blinked, and my body stood up.

I knew this feeling. A total lack of control.

It was the same thing that happened every time this demon took a place in the driver's seat. I tried clawing my way up to the view but it only felt like I was sinking deeper and deeper. Something was weighing me down.

My body towards the mirror in my cozy room in the big house. I had a bed, a functional sink, also a few chests to put clothes and other things. There was a mount on my wall for my sword, and the all important bathroom. Toilet, shower, and whatnot.

That's not really what's important here though. When my feet dragged me toward the mirror, I saw it's hold on me.

It had gotten worse. So much worse.

My eyes were still entirely blank. The teeth had gotten sharper somehow, and the black pulsing veins had multiplied since last summer. There had once been only a few sprouting up my neck and creeping onto my face. Now, they had sprouted up all over. It was on my arms, all the way down, and my legs. I started laughing.

Well, not me, but me. That doesn't make any sense. It was the same laugh I had heard in my head, but this time it was coming from my own mouth.

It spoke.

"It is only a matter of time, boy. The prophecy says enough for you to know by now that your fate is sealed. I will pave the way that was always meant to be!"

It laughed, evilly, and I saw the foundations around me shake as though the house were scared too.

Suddenly, everything stopped. I felt a harsh pulling in my stomach. The demon stopped smiling and grimaced. My body started shaking. I heard the thing yelling "NO! NO!" and suddenly I was slingshotted back into control.

In fact, I was thrown so hard, my head went crashing straight forward and into my mirror, shattering it into a million glass shards. I felt warm. Blood started flowing in my veins and I could finally breathe again.

My body slumped to the floor, back slamming against the foot of my bed. There was hardly any time to process all of the pain of glass stuck in my face.

The demon was getting stronger every day. And any attempt to fix it that I made, it stopped me. Whether it be trying to magic the issue, or take myself out of the equation, nothing worked.