𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝

"The Bible says 'For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, he has rejected you as king.' 1 Samuel 15:23. You see many don't understand that evil can come in the most subtle of forms."

"Amen"

"Subtle in a way that..."

Click. Click. Click.

The priest looks up to see the figure walking down the aisle. His jaw slightly slacks as the rest of the congregation turns to the source. The entire church stays silent as the figure continues to the front.

Shiny black, red bottom Louboutins. Red velvet pencil shirt and a matching blazer with no shirt underneath, showing the lace black bra. Long black waist length hair under a velvet red, wide brimmed hat that covers the top of her face.

The red stained lips, contrasted against her sienna skin color, smirks as the woman takes a seat in the first pew. Her legs cross as she waits.

The priest stares at the woman, flabbergasted. He tries his best not to gawk and resume his sermon but temptation is staring him in the face.

"Evil is subtle in a way..."

The woman lifts her head and shines those big brown eyes in his direction.

"E-evil can ...... evil can be so subtle that you wouldn't even feel it when it has taken over. Some people get so caught up in the feeling of being right or feel accomplished that evil can slight through the cracks of your true righteousness. Don't let evil consume you."

The priest shakes his head as he thinks back to when he first saw her.

The person that would be his evil doing

His Sarai

Not to say the woman is evil. She's been a sweetheart, helping around the church whenever it's needed. Volunteering for fundraisers and banquets. Advocating for the betterment of the church however many of the patrons were not happy with how close she's been getting to him.

The priest doesn't mind. Being near Sarai awakens a fire in him that's been dormant for years. She challenges him on his sermons. Daring to be bold enough to question how deep is his faith.

But the people of the church see is a harlot. A woman who wants to defile the priest. The not so subtle evil he first preached about.

The priest wants her to be. He comes to confession almost every day to cleans himself of the impure thoughts that cross his mind. Just hearing her voice.

"Forgive me Father, for I have sinned"

His thoughts are interrupted once again

Sarai sits in the confessional clenching her thighs together. Beads of sweats slowly roll down her neck as her breathing picks up. Her fingers clench at the seat as she reminisce of her dream.

The bright grey/blue eyes stared into her soul as she called out his name over and over again. His umber skin pressed against hers. His thick fingers digging into her hair, exposing her neck as he..

 His thick fingers digging into her hair, exposing her neck as he