10. Sprinkles

Jungkook POV

We had just finished eating and were busy laying around. Yoongi fell asleep, Hobi and Namjoon went to the water in search of crabs. Jimin and Taehyung were making sand castles.

Lisa and Jennie were busy sun bathing while y/n was staring out at the surfers, a book in hand. I was sitting on the sand close to her, she hadn't talked to me ever since the Andrew incident.

"Are you still mad at me?" She didn't look at me but dropped her gaze to her book.

"I'm sorry." It wasn't a nice feeling being ignored by someone close.

I even went to collect any shells and pretty stones I could find. But she didn't acknowledge me. So, defeated, I just laid back down and closed my eyes.

The sun was warm on my skin. And the distant crashing waves were like an ambient melody. I almost fell asleep, if it wasn't for the sudden shade that covered me.

Opening my eyes, I noticed words infront of me, but they were upside down. "Don't lay in the sun." I looked further up to see y/n holding her book above me.

"Does this mean you forgive me?"

She frowned and put a hat over my face. Nope. Still mad.

•••

The sky began to get more cloudy after a few hours, a clear sign that they had spent enough time at the beach. They had gathered their things and drove back to the hotel, they unpacked and got freshened up to go out later that evening.

y/n just got off the phone with Andrew, agreeing to meet after her dinner. She stood by the balcony, watching the distant waters. She took another cider and smiled at Yoongi, "Want another one?"

"Saving room for the food." He drank his own and grinned. "You have it."

"I had too many at the beach." She put it back and leaned over the railing. "It's nice."

"What is?"

She looked at him. "Being here."

He looked out into the distance before answering. "Nice to get away sometimes."

A solemn look filled her face. "It gets so busy that I forget that I need some quiet time."

"Then you wonder why I like sleeping every chance I get." His eyes shone with glee.

"I guess."

She looked back at the horizon. The sun would be setting soon, and they would have to be out before it gets dark. Some of them were probably napping from the long day.

"Aren't you going to take a quick nap?"

"I'd miss this." He gestured to the horizon.

"The view?"

"The silence."

She blinked. "Oh."

"What's your excuse?" He raised a brow.

"Spending time with my kitten." She leaned against him, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Attention seeker."

"We hardly spend time together." She looked up at him. "You always give me the cold shoulder."