Chapter 16

Landon's POV
Kai's back at it again. The incessant banging of the headboard. His grunts. The breathy moans and cries from the girl he's with.

He's been at it all night. I came home late last night to him fucking some chick, and he hasn't taken a break since. At this point, he's got to be an alien.

I get out of bed because I know sleep is out of the question. And I hop in the shower instead. The water will drown out whatever kinky shit is going on in his room.

Feeling refreshed from my shower and somewhat awake, I wrap a towel around my waist and open the door to the bathroom.

My room's right across from the bathroom. But the sex noises in Kai's room has stopped and I'm curious to see who he's brought home this time.

The door opens and out walks Kai. He's in his boxers, a satisfied expression on his face. He stretches and yawns, before winking at me when he sees me.

I roll my eyes and bring my attention back to his bedroom door just as the last person I'd expect walks out of it.

Harper.

Everything hits me at once. Regret. Anger. Hurt. Confusion. She freezes when she sees me. It's obvious from her shocked expression that she didn't know I was Kai's roommate.

My eyes fall down her small frame. She looks like she just had sex. Her curls are frizzy, her face is flushed, and she's wearing nothing but Kai's lacrosse jersey.

I don't know who I want to murder first. Him or her.

I had no right to be jealous. I knew that. I'd given Kai the okay to pursue her. I just never thought she'd actually sleep with him.

"Landon," she murmurs shakily.

I walk away. I don't want to hear anything she has to say. It will just bring me right back to what she had been doing with Kai in his room just moments before.

The thing that fucking sucked the most was that I wasn't just jealous of Kai, but I hated him for sleeping with her.

He got to kiss her. Taste her. He now knows what she sounds and looks like when she's had an orgasm. Hell, he probably even got to hold her after the fact.

I slammed the door to my bedroom closed only for the door to open and close a second later.

I don't turn around. I know who it is. "Why the fuck are you here?"

"I didn't know he was your friend."

I scoff. "Right. Does your boyfriend know you've spread your legs for another dick?" I grow angrier by the second, the next words out of my mouth even harsher than the last. "You know what? I hope you get every fucking disease Kai has."

"Fuck you."

"Fuck you!" I shout back, turning around to finally face her.

She flinches in response, eyes wide in surprise. Her eyes lower to the floor. "I didn't do it to get back at you. I did it to get back at him. Miles... cheated on me."

She's sobbing now. For a sliver of a moment, I want to grab ahold of her and wipe away her tears. But then I'm reminded of who's jersey she's wearing.

"I could care less."

My words hit a nerve. She says nothing and leaves. I don't chase after her. Chasing after her meant I cared and I didn't. Not even a little bit.

****

I was confronted by Kai in the living room. He stood in front of the TV, refusing to move. He wants to know why I haven't said a word to him all day.

I bring my beer up to my lips and take a swig. I wasn't in the mood to deal with this shit. But unfortunately for me, Kai is a persistent motherfucker. So I don't really have a choice.