Chapter 33

"This isn't what I had in mind when you said I'd be on my knees, freckles." Landon swiped the sweat from his brow with the back of his hand.

He was shirtless and gorgeous, the sun beating down on his golden sculpted torso. And I had an amazing view of his backside every time he'd bend over to pull up another weed.

My brother and sister were supposed to be helping me. But they came up with some excuse and managed to avoid doing what our parents asked.

"I mean, don't you have people for this? Your dad's a multi-millionaire."

"We do," I replied. "But you look so much hotter on your knees."

Aside from loving how good my boyfriend looks under the sun, the truth is that the people who normally care for our garden are out sick. So either we do it ourselves or let the weeds grow into raging wild lions that kill off the plants I helped my mom put in the garden.

Landon finishes pulling up the last of the weeds and shoves them into a black hefty trash bag. Rising to his feet, he ties the bag closed and tosses it aside.

He approaches when he sees me standing with a towel and a cold glass of lemonade. He thanked me and gave my cheek a kiss. He smells of earth and man.

The lemonade I give him is chugged back and gone in seconds. The towel in his hand is then dragged over his forehead and down his glistening chest.

I don't hide the fact that I'm checking him out. I'm probably drooling like a horny little teenager right about now.

Landon smirks. "I need a shower. Care to join me?"

I don't miss the suggestion in his eyes. I consider it. "Maybe. It depends on when my-"

"Hey, you two." My mom steps through the open sliding glass door.

I give Landon a look. He connects the dots. Looks like he'll be showering alone. The sexual frustration that crackles in those blue eyes makes me chuckle.

"Harper Liliana Isaacs."

The sound of my full name and my mom's stern tone has me whipping my head in her direction.

"Did you seriously make Landon pull the weeds out of the garden even though I asked you to do it?"

Landon gives my mom the saddest puppy dog face he can muster. "She sure did, Mrs. Isaacs."

I glare daggers at him. The smug smile he's trying to suppress tells me everything I need to know. He's trying to punish me. As if it's my fault my mom came home early.

"Where are your brother and sister?"

My attention shifts back to my mom. I shrug. I honestly don't know where they went. Both of them claim they had prior plans and couldn't cancel. I knew they were lying, but they were already out the door before I had the chance to call them out on it.

My mom pulls her phone out of her back pocket. Her thumbs fly across the screen, the frown on her face indicating how much trouble Hayden and Adeleine are going to be in when my mom gets a hold of them.

She heads back into the house. The phone is raised up to her ear, and all I can hear is, "Hayden John Isaacs."

I shove Landon once my mom is out of view. "You asshole."

He's dying of laughter, the whole situation humorous to him. I roll my eyes and head back inside the house. I can hear my mom in the kitchen lighting a fire under my brother and sister's asses for ditching me.

I couldn't even use this opportunity to gloat like I wanted to because I was almost a victim of the same treatment.

So instead, while Landon heads off to shower, I pretend to do something productive like fluff the pillows and rearrange the house plant and remote on the coffee table so my mom doesn't circle back to me.

Thankfully, it works, and my mom forgets all about me.

Later in the day, I get a text from Olive wanting to hang out. We've been so wrapped up in our boyfriends that we haven't spent much time together with just the two of us.

She invites me over for a movie marathon night. We're going to binge all of the Twilight movies.

When I get there, I bring all of the snacks I bought from the gas station on the way here and set them down on the coffee table. M&M's, Sour Patch, and Gummy Bears.

She enters the living room with a bowl of buttery popcorn in one hand, a pint of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream in the other, and a bag of unopened Doritos hanging out of her mouth.

She adds everything onto the coffee table, and we make ourselves comfortable on the couch.

Hayden hooked Olive's dad and his girlfriend up with a room at our dad's Hotel Resort and Spa, so we have the house to ourselves tonight.

Olive and I plan to stay up to watch all five of the movies. I just hope I can stay awake. I have a habit of falling asleep during movies.

We finish the first and second movies without any problems. And we still have plenty of snacks left to hold us over for the next movie.

By the third, Olive and I are debating about who Bella should choose despite already knowing the outcome. While she's team Edward, I've always been team Carlisle. The man, or should I say, vampire is fine.

Hours later, a yawn is pulled out of me. I blink a few times, forcing myself to stay awake. We've just started the fourth movie. Breaking Dawn Part One is my favorite. And while I've seen the movies a thousand times, I don't want to miss a single moment.

We're on the honeymoon scene with Edward and Bella when my phone buzzes against my hip.

I reached for it to see that I've received a text message from Landon.

Landon: I can't sleep. Kai's at it again."

I shake my head. I'm not surprised by Kai's late night sexual endeavors. The few times I've stayed the night, Landon and I hardly got any sleep. So I decided to distract Landon by bringing him into me and Olive's conversation.

Me: Team Jacob or Team Edward?

Landon replies back in an instant.

Landon: Easy. Team Alice. She's hot.

Me: Alice is not a choice.

Three bubbles appear followed by his response.

Landon: So you can choose Carlisle but I can't choose Alice? How is that fair, freckles?

Me: Touché, frat boy.

Landon texts back after a moment, wanting to know what part of the movie me and Olive are on now. I let him know that we've just reached the scene where Bella's period is late.

Landon and I text back and forth, my eyes darting between the movie and my phone. I catch Olive smiling at her phone and know that she's texting my brother.

So much for trying to catch a break from our clingy boyfriends. Landon starts to send me question after question, wanting me to keep him updated about the movie. Of course, Alice was the only person he cared about.

"Is your boyfriend asking you about the movie, too?" Olive asks, giving me a knowing look.

I nod, a smile spreading onto my face. "Yup. He's obsessed with Alice."

"Rosalie," Olive replies.

Both of our eyes roll, and we break out in a laugh. Hayden hates Twilight, and Landon dreaded watching the movies with me. But now that we're without them, watching the movies they couldn't stand to watch with us, they are invested in every little thing now. They are hopeless without us. And just as they will never admit it, we will never admit we secretly love it.