||Chapter 13||

The exchange sent chills down Manvi's spine. She struggled to comprehend the situation, her mind racing to decipher the man's intentions behind those haunting messages.

"What did you say?" Her voice quivered, trying to grasp the gravity of the situation unfolding before her.

"Why did you go to meet him?" His voice pierced the air, carrying an edge that made her heart race.

"Pardon me, what did you ask?" Manvi's voice wavered as her face paled instantly. She tried to convince herself that this couldn't be the person who'd been sending her those unsettling messages for the past year.

"Why did you go to meet him when I had forbidden you?" The menacing tone sent shivers down her spine as he approached her, his presence looming ominously.

"You were messaging me for so long, sending gifts and cards. But why?" Her desperation seeped through, a mixture of confusion and fear evident in her trembling voice.

"Why? You're asking me why? Are you dumb, Mrs. Mhatre?" His laughter had a cruel edge, each chuckle feeling like a barb. The endearment he used, which would typically convey affection, felt chilling and threatening in the context of this confrontation.

Manvi's head snapped towards him, her mind racing at the sudden realization. The pieces of a terrifying puzzle began to align, unveiling a distressing picture. The person responsible for those persistent messages, the enigmatic gifts, and the haunting warnings was standing right before her. Panic surged through her veins, her thoughts thrown into disarray as she grappled with the enormity of this revelation.

The room seemed to close in around her, the air growing thin with each passing second. She felt an intense urge to flee, to escape from this ominous confrontation. But her body felt rooted to the spot, paralyzed by the fear of the unknown intentions lurking behind those unsettling messages. Manvi's eyes darted around in search of an exit, a desperate quest for liberation from this haunting encounter.

It was a whirlwind of emotions for Manvi startled, shocked, and then a sudden wave of nostalgia as the endearment "Aru" involuntarily slipped from her lips. The familiarity of being addressed by that name took her back to a different time, a past she had tried so hard to move on from. And then, the response, the mention of "Mrs. Mhatre," was like a harsh jolt back to reality.

"Sorry, what did you say?" His voice cut through the moment, breaking her reverie.Manvi was startled back to the present, caught off guard by his question. Panic surged within her, a tumultuous mix of emotions rendering her speechless for a brief moment. She felt the urge to retreat, to flee from the room and the unnerving situation she found herself in.

"Nothing, just nothing," she stammered, her voice a mere whisper, and swiftly turned to leave, desperate to put distance between herself and the sudden resurgence of the past.

But just as she reached for the doorknob, a force pulled her back, and before she could comprehend what was happening, Digvijay had grabbed her arm and yanked her back inside the room. The door slammed shut with an alarming thud, leaving her pinned against it, her heart pounding with apprehension and confusion.Manvi's breath caught in her throat as she found herself trapped, pinned between the door and Digvijay's imposing presence.

 She could feel the tension crackling in the air, the room suddenly suffused with an unnerving silence broken only by the sound of her own heartbeat pounding in her ears.Her eyes widened with a mix of fear and surprise, trying to comprehend the abrupt turn of events. She struggled to maintain her composure, her mind racing, trying to make sense of the situation and find a way out. 

The room felt smaller, the air heavy with a sense of foreboding, as she awaited his next move, her instincts urging her to escape this tense encounter.Manvi's eyes blazed with a fierce intensity as she listened to his authoritative words.