||Chapter 16||

The night was settling in, and everyone had retired to their respective rooms. However, Manvi found herself seated alone on the terrace, lost in thoughts about the conversation she had with her father-in-law and mother-in-law in the study room.

As she contemplated the discussions, she decided to head back to her room.On her way, she noticed that the door to Aarav Bhai and Ritu Bhabhi's room was open. Despite her initial reluctance, curiosity got the better of her.

There stood a door directly across from their room, and she hesitated, pondering whether to enter or not. After a brief internal debate, she mustered the courage to knock twice on their door.

As Manvi stood outside the open door, a voice from inside inquired,

"Who is there?" She responded,

"Bhabi, I am Manvi." Ritu Bhabhi, a bit concerned, asked,

"Hey Manu, you are here so late in the night, is everything okay?" This was unusual as Manvi rarely visited their room at such late hours.

"Actually Bhabhi, I was leaving from here, I saw your room open, so I just came in," Manvi explained. However, the unease on her face did not go unnoticed.

"Manvi, it is visible from your face that you are a little worried. Come on, tell me what happened," Aarav chimed in, sensing that something might be bothering her. Perplexed, Aarav questioned why Manvi had come so late, trying to understand the reason behind her unexpected visit.

"That brother, that brother," Manvi began but couldn't continue as she suddenly burst into tears. Overwhelmed with emotions, she found solace in the presence of Ritu Bhabhi and Aarav, seeking comfort during this late-night encounter.

Suddenly, Manvi started crying as she spoke. Concerned, Ritu said,

"Hey, hey, Manu, that's it, why are you crying? Sit down first." It was unusual to see Manvi in tears as she was not known for such emotional displays. Ritu handed her a glass of water, trying to calm her down.

"What happened, Manvi? Why are you crying?" Ritu asked gently.

"Bhabi, I don't want to marry him. So why are they getting me married to him?" Manvi replied, her voice choked with sobs. Confused, Ritu responded,

"Hey, but who is arranging your marriage and other stories? Buaji has not brought any sample again, right?" Ritu tried to lighten the mood with a touch of humour, hoping to understand the reason behind Manvi's distress.

"No, Bhabhi, Buaji is not here this time. Baba and Aai said that ,

"I should marry him. I will not marry that Chichunder. I am already married, so why should I marry again? I will not," Manvi said angrily, pouting.

"Hold on, but please tell me who is this guy that You have to marry, and Baba did that?" Ritu inquired.

"That Digvijay," Manvi responded with frustration.

"Who is Digvijay, Manvi?" Ritu asked, but as soon as she mentioned the name, a bell rang in Ritu's mind.

"Manvi, are you talking about Digvijay Sahay?" Ritu asked. Manvi nodded.

"What?" Ritu shouted loudly, as if she had received the biggest shock of her life. In the chaos, Aarav started laughing at Ritu's bewildered face.

"Bhai!" Manvi whined, listening to Aarav's laughter.

"Why are you laughing? It's not a joke; we're having a serious discussion here, and you're laughing like a maniac," Ritu scolded Aarav.

"No, no, you're not telling jokes, Manvi, but look at Ritu's face. She looks no less than a joker," Aarav said, bursting into laughter again.