The Purge- Nardo Wick

"Y/n," my mom cries as she stands at the edge of the ship

"Y/n," my mom cries as she stands at the edge of the ship. "There's 2 hours until the purge starts. Please just come with me."

"He's missing, mama. I'm not leaving without him," I reply and she lets out a scream.

"Mija, your brother is gone. I don't have to lose the both of you-"

"Ship is leaving in a minute. On or off, pick shorty," a guy yells.

"I'm off. I love you mama," I say, kissing her cheek. She stares at me emptily, and I watch her as my heart breaks. I hate this country. How is people killing people justified at any time? I hope the president rots in hell for this.

"You stupid, stupid girl!"

I turn my back on her. My family is my world, and my brother is my hero. Every year, my brother would find a way to keep us safe during the purge. Hidden basements, fire stations, even grocery stores. Somehow we never got caught. We heard every scream, gunshot and laugh that happened during that crazy night. But never was I face to face with the danger.

Rico went missing about a week ago. Mama said he probably had some work to do, but he never returned. I waited for a phone call, text or hell even a random dove to fly in my room with a letter like in the biblical days. I got nothing. I'm not leaving without him. And yes, my mama is right. I'm a stupid, stupid girl. But my brother has always protected me, and it's my turn to make sure he's safe.

Yes I've questioned if he was dead, but Rico can't die. I mean, the nigga got shot 5 times and survived that like it never happened. People called him the La Parca, the grim reaper, since the purge began. While me, mama, and Anita were locked away somewhere, he was helping people during the purge. He came back with bullet wounds, deep cuts and mental trauma every time, but he always came back.

I walk back to our busted up apartment, shaking with the fear that today might be the day I die. Someone gets to kill me with no consequences. I don't know what it's like out there during the purge. Rico never taught me how to survive one so I never thought I had to.

I enter my bedroom and place both my knees on the ground. "Lord Jesus, please let Rico come home now." My phone dings, a message from Rico's contact.

I smile up at God.

Rico❤️
Hola, hermosa
You have less than 2 hours to come get your brother
Tick tock, mamas
buenas tardes 😘

           Location shared with you

I stare down at my phone as a tear drops onto the screen.

"Fuck Rick," I curse under my breath, checking the location. Some old mechanic shop. It wouldn't be that easy to get him back, it's some kinda trap. But for what reason? Why would they target me? I know it's evident that I would never leave my brother behind. But what do they want with me? Adios meo, Rico. What did you do?!