CHAPTER 6| Caught.

AZALEA'S POV:

AZALEA'S POV:

LOOKING OUT the window of your company isn't that thrilling anymore. It's not really thrilling at all, actually.

Yes, I have a company now. Companies, actually. As soon as Elliott came to my rescue, I had already known what I wanted to do. I had my priorities straight and I knew I didn't want to waste anymore time.

Like I'd always, always dreamt of, I decided to run my own business. Maybe as a child I'd dreamt to do it with my 'parents' by my side, hands intertwined with Mary's and Stefano's supporting hands, though a lot of things have changed since I was a little kid.

But something that stayed the same is Mary standing by me as I build myself up. Even if I can't exactly see her, I hoped she was still by my side. This time, I have people that believe in me and support me right by me.

And I don't think there will ever be a way for me to express my gratitude and thankfulness in words or actions. I cannot say how indebted I am towards Elliott, Matteo, Gianna, Juliette and Damari. The only people alive that hopefully care for me and that I definitely care for them.

As much as I hate to admit it, I can never stop caring for my brothers. They're my blood, and though blood may be the only things that tie us together, it's still something— something almost impossible to just ignore. They betrayed my trust, they opened me up and destroyed me from the inside, yet I still find myself worrying about them and loving them. Sometimes, I wonder if there's something wrong with me. If it were any other person, I'd have absolutely no problem with cutting them off. Just them, my brothers.

But anyway, how I started the company is a story for another day. As of now, I'm waiting for Juliette so we can go to lunch, maybe go over some new models— but that's only if she doesn't somehow drag me into going shopping with her, like she always does. 

Right now, she's half an hour late like always, except she's always late because, quote unquote, 'better late than never' and she'd rather die than look ugly. So here I am, for the hundredth time, waiting in my office for a certain girl who couldn't be early or on-time if it were to save her life.

I spin on my swivel chair to face my desk, pull out a random document and start reading over it, deciding whether or not it needs a signature. I might as well sort out my files since she won't be here anytime soon..

"Azz," A voice I know too well says from behind me. "I'm here!"

Once again, I spin towards her direction and look at her with furrowed eyebrows. "You're not one hour late? Is the world ending?" I sarcastically gasp.

"Funny," she deadpans. "but this is progress, isn't it?"

I narrow my eyes at her to which she just smiles a sheepish smile.

A sigh leaves my mouth as I turn back around, putting the files back in place. 

"Right, let's go."