CHAPTER 15| Chances.

AZALEA'S POV:

AZALEA'S POV:

"OKAY, AZALEA, you can do  this." That same statement has been bouncing around in my head for the past 10 minutes I've spent pacing up and down behind this door. Elliott is leaning against a wall looking at me amused. The guards have literally been looking at me like I'm on multiple Class A drugs.

"Azalea, they're literally your brothers," he says, not at all calming me down. "Hey, stop tugging at your hair," he frowns, gently lowering my hands from my hair, then patting it down.

"I don't want to go in there," I mumble, lowering my head and steadying my feet. It's taking a lot to stop my knees from buckling right now.

"We can go home if you want," he sighs. "but if we do go in, I won't let them say or do anything to you, okay?" He reassures, and I feel a small wave of confidence and determination. It's better to get it over and done with right?

"Let's go," I nod and he gives me a soft smile.

"That's the spirit," He winks before knocking on the door. We both step back at the same time.

The door swings open, revealing Nicholas' slightly stressed face. His gaze goes to Elliott then to me. Eyebrows furrowed, he looks slightly confused. "You're late.. and here, together.."

"Fashionably late," I wink, flashing a sarcastic smile. Okay, maybe we're a little late, but in our defense, we had to loose the police.

"Well, come in," He smiles warily, stepping aside. Elliott goes in first, following Nicholas who shuts the door behind me then leads the way into the living room. Everyone is there — everyone being Giovanni, Elijah, Nicholas, Aidan, Andreas and of course Elliott and I. All of them look towards the 3 of us, and almost instantly Aidan's eyes start watering. He holds it in though with a frown.

"Oh! You guys came, welcome," Elijah smiles, slightly surprised. Only an hour late.. better than nothing.

"You were the ones that invited us, no?" I raise an eyebrow. He nods then quickly indicates towards the free seats. Two empty seats just for us. Also, why's Andreas always with them? Did he also get swooped from a police station or something?

Me and Elliott take our seats on the two-seater sofa, and I've got to admit, this fabric is well nice. I  basically sink right into it.

An awkward silence engulfs the room. No one talks for a few moments until, "So, Azalea. What have you been up to?" Aidan asks with a slight wobble in his voice.

"Getting kidnapped, escaping then some other stuff, the usual," I shrug, crossing my legs and rolling my neck to relieve some tension. They look at me, shook as if this is new information. I'm just confirming it, no surprises here.

"You what—"

"You heard me," I narrow my eyes at Aidan. Glare at Elliott when he quietly chuckles.

For the first time since I'd entered the room, Giovanni acknowledges me. "By who?" He asks, voice deadly cold and completely demanding. I flinch slightly since I hadn't expected him to say anything. I'm not telling anyone shit though.