CHAPTER 19| Mission.

AZALEA'S POV:

"YES, I'LL be fine, Elliott." Sometimes, I forget Elliott is actually my older brother. For these past 10 minutes, which to me feels like fucking centuries, he's been emphasising that point a little too much.

"Azalea, don't roll your eyes at me. I'm your older brother and so I need to be positive you'll be safe," He warns solemnly, wagging a finger at me. My eyebrows crease slightly. Since when did he get all brother-ly on me? Usually, he could care less about what I do and where I go.

"Elliott, there's nothing to worry about," this is my poor attempt at trying to dismiss the subject, or the conversation as a whole. "I'm literally just going to meet up with some friends, okay? I'll be back before you know it."

"What frien—"

"I need to go now. I'll see you tomorrow, bye!" Maybe it was rude of my to cut him off like that, so abruptly but there's no way in hell I'd have been anything close to on time if I stayed. Quickly, I wave him goodbye, blow him a kiss and practically stumble over my own feet as I dash to the door.

If leaving was as easy as I anticipated it to be, I would have had time to stop and take a breath, but right now, I'm going down a road that'll result in Javier having a right go at me for something that isn't even my fault.

About a half-millisecond goes by, not even enough for me to inhale air before I'm off, pumping my legs down the street just to get to this car on time. Somehow I make it without my legs giving up on me completely, and finally, I take the chance to finally breath and take greedy intakes of air in.

When I'm satisfied, I wrap my hands around the car handle and pull, sliding in and shutting the door behind me. This could have easily been the wrong car considering I didn't spare a moment to look. But I'm glad to know no one really lives here and no one would be driving a black matte SUV around at 11PM for no reason.. hopefully.

"Took your time," Javier's thick Spanish accent booms through the car. I narrow my eyes at him and attempt to discreetly flip him of, but obviously that doesn't work since he has eyes on the back of his fucking head.

"Put your middle finger down, Azalea," he scolds, slightly irritated. I roll my eyes at him and turn my head to face a familiar face.

Brielle Parker. Met due to this whole.. plan and we just.. clicked. She offers me a bright smile and gently pushes her blonde hair over her shoulders. I'm slightly hypnotize by the way her hazel eyes glimmer in the darkest of the nights.

Aurelia sits on the other side of Bri, and her having her usual shy personality, she offers me a small smile and a flicker of her fingers. Her braids are tied up into a tight ponytail, complimenting her outfit. Her dark brown eyes linger on me for a few seconds before they redirect into her own world.

I have a feeling we'll be in for a rollercoaster today. And though I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing, but at least this night won't be dull like every other. Something tells me that this mission to rip Vincent apart won't be as straightforward as we expect.

The silence that surrounds us isn't awkward. Furthest thing from actually, instead, it's a silence that's comfortable. A silence that's needed, one that allows everyone to gather their thoughts and digest the situation, the target of this whole.. adventure.

But, as expected, questions need to be asked and I'm the one who decided to speak up first. "Where's Daniel?" I ask, curiosity evident in my tone. At this point, it's been a few minutes, we're about a quarter-way there and we still haven't stopped. Or maybe I'm just impatient.

Daniel is kind of our IT person. He's a know-it-all when it comes to hacking or anything to do with computers, coding, that type of geeky shit.

This is our first official 'mission', but not our first time meeting face-to-face. As you can imagine, we've met in real life for planning, training and whatever else we met in real life for. Daniel was there for all the training, all the meetings and every other event. To me, it doesn't make sense as to why he wouldn't be here.