CHAPTER 9| Clues.

GIOVANNI'S POV:

GIOVANNI'S POV:

MY SISTER is alive.

My alive sister, the same one we conducted a whole funeral for, saw dead in a box bloodied. She, is alive. Breathing, full flesh and blood.

According to Andreas, at least.

But I can't seem to comprehend it, the wild possibility she is out there, alive. My mind can't wrap itself around the concept, and I'm going crazy.

It seems like I'm not the only one.

"She's alive, Giovanni," Nicholas breaths, widened eyes. "She's alive."

Elijah seems wary about the whole thing. "Andreas could be lying. You've considered that, right?" He openly accuses the man that's incapable of making jokes or lying. To us, at least. Andreas is a very.. straight forward type person.

I keep a poker face as I raise my head to look at Elijah slightly questioningly. "What makes you think that?" The tone of my voice is cold and urging. This is great news, and I don't think I want to even think about Andreas lying about something as big as this.

"Well, if Azalea is alive, it'll complicate so many things, open too many doors for us to close. It could be bad." He leans back in his chair, arms crossed, gears mending.

"But we'll have our sister back. Isn't that all that fucking matters, Elijah? You've seen what loosing her did to us. We're fucking lost without her, and barely functioning as a family. How many times have you seen Elliott this week, seen Aidan sobbing his eyes out, Giovanni out of his office and you not looking after one of us, never yourself?"

Everyone is silent for a few moments. Elijah looks at Nicholas with guilt and sadness in his eyes, but Nicholas doesn't dare let his eyes stray from the desk in front of him. I watch them with narrowed eyes.

"You know you can talk to me, right?" Elijah says, quietly. "Both of you, I'm always available."

Nicholas scoffs and rolls his eyes. "Yeah, whatever. Let's not turn this into therapy now."

I silently agree. I'm afraid I might burst out laughing. Not my fault the only times I laugh is in serious situations..

He looks slightly taken back by Nich's outburst but drops it anyway. The tension between the two slowly escalates, so I decide to break it off.

Something must have happened between them, though. I make a quick mental note to ask Elijah about it later on.

"So, the mafia—"

"Someone kidnapped her," Nicholas suddenly speaks up, sitting up instead of slouching. His mind seems to be swarming with so many thoughts.

"I thought we already established this?" I raise an eyebrow. There was no way she ran away. As far as I know, she wasn't anywhere near my office when I called a.. 'family meeting' I'm pretty sure she was asleep, actually. I sent a worker to check and they confirmed she was unconscious. But maybe her original kidnapper drove her mad and she wanted an escape. I don't know, but thinking too much of it makes my head hurt with endless possibilities.