CHAPTER 18| Action.

AZALEA'S POV:

AZALEA'S POV:

"IT'S FINE," I tell her with a small smile on my face. "I forgot about it anyway, just, please, don't take risks as serious as that, it could've been way worse than a bunch of weird Italian men coming for me."

Gianna sits in a chair opposite mine, in the same space with the same intention for the past 30 minutes. She's had her mind set completely on apologizing to me after a good few days of avoiding me. I've tried to reassure her that it was fine and she'd already been forgiven (she most certainly hadn't and I 100% talked shit about her to myself of course, for the first day before I actually completely forgot it ever happened), but still, she didn't feel it was satisfactory enough and proceeded to profusely apologize with like 100 million IOU cards. If I got a quid for every time she said 'sorry', I'd own every single company in the fucking world.

"No, I should've stopped them, or, at least, told you. It was really stupid of me to let them bypass our firewall just because I thought they wouldn't find anything on you. Like, I saw an alert but I didn't think much of it and I'm sorry for that-"

"-It's fine, Gianna." I cut her off, ceasing any space for argument or debate. The matter is forgiven, and yes, while I am entirely grateful that she took time out of her day to drive over to my estate and apologize repeatedly, the fact that she's apologizing for everything she didn't do over and over again is a constant reminder that in some way I've lost my freedom again.

Plus, I don't know how many times I need to tell her it's okay before she accepts the fact it's okay. Right now, I just want an empty, peaceful house with no one in it so I can finally fucking focus on myself.

"Oh-," She seems slightly taken aback by my sudden dismissal. "..well, do you need anything? Is there anything I can do? Maybe you could use one of your new IOU cards?" She suggests, trying to lighten the now-heavier atmosphere. Or something along the lines of.

I shake my head with a sigh. "I don't mean to be rude at all, but maybe you leaving would be nice. Right now I could really use a clear head and some silence."

I swear I see a glimpse of offence taken in her eyes. I really didn't mean to be rude with that request, but right now thoughts are swarming wildly in my head and I really need to get my priorities straight. I've got pounds of work to do, and Gianna talking to me will definitely not make my work any easier.

"Oh," She says, slightly disappointed, but her expression is nothing but understanding. Thank God for that. "well, that's fine. I'll talk to you later, good luck with whatever it is you have to do."

Even though she keeps a good 'uncaring' face up, I can hear the annoyance and judgement in her tone. She practically spat those words at me.

Without another word or so much so a pleasant look towards my direction- she looked at me, not so friend-ly though- she grabs her things quickly and scrambled to the door, not leaving without an iconic loud slam. That loud sound rings in my ears, I have to pinch my forehead in attempt to relive some of the pain.